PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Roggie
10-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Hey all...

I am new to the world of e-commerce and a real neophyte when it comes to html... I am here because I have opened an online store and have only been in business about 90-days. I bought the template from a company in the UK, and as I learn more about my business needs many of the solutions require additons or modifications to the html files.

I am taking a home course on HTML and it's not going fast enough for me to solve some of my issues. I discovered this site by accident and hope that I will be able to make use of the obvious knowledge here.

My first significant issue is identifying the location of certain files. For instance I have some html code that I've been told to insert into the home page of my site, but for the life of me I cannot identify where that file is. I have looked at the files that are on the server and they appear to be identical to the files in Os Admin, leading me to believe that I can edit them there as opposed to editing them from the host, but I don't know.

So hello everyone, and if anyone can answer those two questions I will appreciate it very much....

Roggie (rOggie, Long O)

jpf
10-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Look at the BTS templates in osCMax in catalog/templates/fallback - to review BTS see: http://www.oscmax.com/forums/oscmax-v2-features-discussion/14626-bts-template-tutorial-examples-converting-oscommerce-template-bts.html

Roggie
10-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks very much... unfortuantely I am too much of a neophyte to even understand the instructions you gave... I have no such directories under catalogue, but I appreciate your effort... Reach me directly at Roggie9992003@Yahoo.com if you have other suggestions...

Thanks

R

jpf
10-09-2008, 11:40 AM
You have osCommerce (osC) or osCMax (Max)? osC does not have this -unless you manually add BTS. Max already has done this and MUCH more.