Ok i installed ms2max but then i went to store it was running
then i checked admin login and it is asking for a email and password
what do i do or what is the default settings please help thanks

markbreu
12-05-2003, 02:06 AM
You could check the installation-manual or use what's next:

User: admin@localhost.com
Pasword: admin

This should take you were you wanna be ....

Good luck

thetraveller
12-15-2003, 08:43 AM
Does anyone ever read the readme's that are included in the distribution??

michael_s
12-15-2003, 09:52 AM
thetraveller, No. :)

Anonymous
12-23-2003, 08:15 AM
Worringly, I did read the readme to find the Password etc, but they didn't work!

its just a straight installation, so the defaults should still be in place. Any suggestions?

Anonymous
12-26-2003, 01:29 AM
same for me password and login given in the readme file does not work ??

please someone help

thanks

michael_s
12-26-2003, 05:57 AM
JJP, Guest, read the README_MS2MAX_1_5.txt

They do work. They have worked since day one.

Anonymous
01-23-2004, 09:33 AM
Well then, since I am an idiot and can't type, perhaps someone can tell me why they don't work on my system? I'm running Apace2 on a Win2K server, stock OSCommerce MS2 works just fine, wiped that out and freshly installed the OSCMax build. Everythig went just fine, however, I am unable to login from http://mystore.com/admin/login.php 9mystore.com) is not the real URL. I get the admin login page, I enter the default email address of admin@localhost.com and the default password of 'admin' that I got from reading the manual AND from the helpdesk at aabox.com yet, it does NOT log me in. It simple cycles and shows me the login page again. And again. And again.

So, pelase don't thank this the wrong way, but they DON'T work. Not on my system and I've not changed anything, just followed the directions.

Anonymous
01-23-2004, 09:48 AM
Turns out it's the sessions variable, at least on my machine. By changing the sessions to database instead of file based, I was able to successfully log in. Perhaps the installation procedure needs to have a way to allow you to input the directory sessions should be stored in, if you are using file based. Otherwise, on a Win32 platform,, /tmp does NOT exist. :)

mburkwit
08-08-2004, 10:36 AM
Help me find the documentation please, especially README_MS2_MAX_1_5.txt
1) I downloaded MS2-MAX
2) unzipped - no text files anwywhere to be seen
3) used an FTP program to upload
4) installed
5) I still don't see any .txt files anywhere. I WANT to read them.

I do see the structure of the site with the folders and PHP files, but no text files. Are they posted online for me to look through?

Thanks,
Mary

"No one knows everything, but everyone knows something."

michael_s
08-08-2004, 10:56 AM
FYI, if you cannot login to the admin in a default install, it is your server configuration causing the issue. This happens 99% of the time on windows systems, which do not use a standard linux temp path (of course!)

You need to fix this issue on your server by creating a tmp directory in the webserver root that is writable, or alternately set up oscommerce to store sessions in the database.

mburkwit
08-09-2004, 05:54 AM
MS2-MAX is up and running along with the admin panel. I am at the point where I want to cange the default main page which states that I should read README_MS2_MAX_GRAPHICS.txt and README_MS2_MAX_1_5.txt. Basically, I need to start customizing the cart. As a Newbie, I am trying to find these help documents so I don't have to bug everyone in the forums for the easy stuff. Can you point me in the right direction to get started?

Mary

"No one knows everything, but everyone knows something."

ppruett
08-10-2004, 07:01 PM
HEY, flame if I am wrong...
I follow the link for MS2-MAX 1 5 and it sends me to http://aabox.com/ms2-max.html
which tells me to use the download link on the left, which is for OSC-MAX v1.7 and I download that file, osc-max1.7.tar.gz, and its a compression of "catalog" of which when installed brings up a page saying
" This is the AABox MS2-MAX v1.7.0 distribution of osCommerce 2.2 MS2. This version was originally constructed by Michael Sasek for AABox Web Hosting. The first thing you should do, if you have not already, is read the README_MS2_MAX_1_5.txt and the README_MS2_MAX_GRAPHICS.txt files located in the main directory of the zip you downloaded.."

Its not a zip and README_ does not exist in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
tar -tvzf ./osc-max1.7.tar.gz | grep README_
DOES NOT BRING UP ANY DOCUMENTATION...........

CONFUSED!

SO I agree with an earlier post - what documentation included with download file?

sorry - but maybe the above poster had a valid concern, I to followed a trail to an abreviated download.

johnkwok
09-06-2004, 06:32 PM
before knowing this max 1.7, i install 2.2 but i spend a day still cannot figure out how to set a passwd for admin

now with max 1.7 ,it is just build in, guy thank you for great job done on this enhance version.

i like to know how i can change example.com/admin to other name for security reason , i like to change it example.com/verynice

please help!!

john

shaytaan
09-08-2004, 07:00 AM
take a look at configure.php files...
admin\includes\configure.php and \includes\configure.php

fsyong
09-17-2004, 09:07 PM
same problem!! and my webhosting is linux system ,not windows.

Fom-Norway
09-30-2004, 11:31 AM
Hi
have you install the sql file for The Admin (admin_table_modified.sql) ?
ADMIN ACCESS with LEVEL http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1174/category,all/search,ADMIN+ACCESS+with+LEVEL

SAF