PDA

View Full Version : Welcome from a semi-dinosaur

straightforwardgraphics
08-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Hello everyone,

I have read and learnt a great deal from these forums and decided, well, ought to take the plunge and join.

I do not know if I qualify as a dinosaur, but I have been designing web sites (or what would have qualified as such) since Mosaic was the 'awesome new' way to see bbs postings.

I have built and tweaked a few oscommerce sites, and had an outright nightmare attempting to get one osc cart to work with Quicken's proprietary payment processing system. I still have nightmares over that :)

I am now working on a site with osCmax and wonder why I didn't use this earlier on, silly me.

I don't qualify as a programmer or developer but I love to tweak and test code. I have a design background, but I have learnt far more about PHP, Javascript, and database administration than I ever thought I would. And I like it, too!

Anyhow, take care and will see you around.

jpf
08-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Welcome! Are you thinking Jurassic or Cretaceous period?..... I still remember having a pet dinosaur when I was young. And went to school in 30 feet of snow all year long and walked up hill the whole way both ways to and from it too...

JPF