PDA

View Full Version : Glad tobe trying oscmax, MatthewRitchie osc veterian 3yrs

MatthewRitchie
08-15-2008, 11:34 AM
I have been steadily building www.bluegreentechnologies.com (http://www.bluegreentechnologies.com) on oscommerce and learning php/mysql for two-three years.

My first stab at contributions was the sts mega power pack with dynamenu extended (gone nutsbonkers) htc etc.

The dream recently is to do a community build project working off sts (simpletemplatesystem) which I am more Familar with.

P.s. I would very much like to learn about oscmax's svn server and how it was set up, but thats for a little later.

I am starting to spread my wings a little from osc, went to creloaded and was a little dissapointed, no one seems to know how to do the simple register globals work around for cre so im not bothered with cre if im not getting paid..... ;0)

As for oscmax, I will bedownloading in the next hour or so... must say though from the outset i do prefer "sts" but will give bts a go.

well cheers for now, hope to see lovely smiling faces in the forums soon.

MatthewRitchie

I gather from google searches some of my osc posts are referenced in oscmax so will be on the lookout for them.........

michael_s
08-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Welcome to the osCMax community. I am sure you will have a lot of fun learning BTS, and if you work with it a little, you will come to see how much more flexible and powerful it is (not to mention faster faster faster!) compared to STS or at least compared to your current notion of BTS.

Be sure to read my BTS tutorial here:
http://www.oscmax.com/forums/announcement-discussions/14630-oscmax-template-system-explained.html

Grab the osCMax RC4 release from SVN as it is already fully register_globals off/php5/mysql5/apache2 compatible. RC3 is not as far as register globals is concerned and needs some serious hacking. No need to reinvent the wheel. If you install via SVN, you can also get the latest updates really easily in the future. There are also a whole load of updates and fixes in RC4.

Anyway, as always there are too many options to count, just jump in somewhere and have a good time.