PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

ridexbuilder
07-05-2008, 04:56 PM
I've been working on setting up an e-commerce site for a client, for the past month. I've looked at various options and spent too much time ironing out problems with CRE Loaded, so thought it about time that I look elsewhere.
Problems with removing all weight references in the shipping cart and incorrect pricing in the World Zones table and the lack of (non-paid for) support had led to disillusionment.
Let's see I get on here :-)

michael_s
07-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Welcome to osCMax.com. While I do not pretend that osCMax is perfect, I to think it is more robust than creloaded and I think you will find the same.

ridexbuilder
07-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks Michael,
I do seem to be "getting off the ground" quicker :-D

A few issues to work out - shipping prices not being shown until a user puts in full personal details (not too good from a buyers perspective). At least those cursed weight figures are gone :-).

BTS templates don't seem as versatile as ATS and there's no 'nice' admin for configuring the templates (albeit it's limited in CRE anyway).
My client liked the 'Helius1' template, so trying to replicate a close likeness will be tough (for me)

WYSISYG Editor not working in defining the mainpage - I'm sure I'll eventually get to the bottom of it.
Trying to get started with multiple photos and in categorised sub-directories (will be needed with a potential for 10,000 products!)
Have to integrate Japanese into the admin screens at some stage but the user interface come first.

So I've a fair bit of work still to be one :(

For those interested:
ridex.net46.net - CRE (now suspended/mothballed)
ridex2.ridex.net46.net - osCmax in a temporary location.

Regards
EJ

michael_s
07-11-2008, 12:19 AM
BTS is the most versatile template system for osC based carts. I posted a pretty comprehensive tutorial a few days ago:
http://www.oscmax.com/forums/oscmax-v2-features-discussion/14626-bts-template-tutorial-examples-converting-oscommerce-template-bts.html