PDA

View Full Version : Hello from newbieland

KCinConyers
06-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Hi everybody!

I am a newbie - not just to osCommerce/osCMax - but also to PHP, MySQL, and Apache. I just spent the last two weeks getting my first test server up and configured.

It was frustrating but I must admit it was a great learning experience. Now I'm trying to get OsCMax installed so I can learn how to customize and manage it.

My plan is to do an ecommerce sight for a new retail & B2B venture in the hospitality industry. Based on what I've learned about osCommerce (and osCMax in partiular) it's a great ecommerce platform. It's also cool that it's open source.

This is the first time I've joined a user group, though in the past I've searched though forums to get answers to technical issues.

I finally wized up and decided to join this group so I can ask questions directly (that aren't already answered), rather than loosing sleep plowing through Google searches looking for a solution a specific problem (like I did on both PHP and MySQL).

I'm impressed that people will help others out gratis. You folks rock! Hopefully I'll get up to speed and learn enough to be useful to the community in the future so I can give back.

michael_s
06-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Welcome to the community!