PDA

View Full Version : My admin panel wont load how come?

AHB900
05-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey everyone, ever since i woke up today and tryed to log into my admin panel it loads then it says done but all i see is a blank white page. Nothing else loads i checked to see if im missing any files or folders but everything seems to be fine. what is going on? i really need to get into my admin panel. Also i was thinking of just completly deleting the admin folder and uploading a fresh copy of the folder but the thing is i have installed paypal IPN would it delete that if i upload a fresh new copy? anyhelp would be great thanks guys

michael_s
05-12-2008, 06:42 AM
Check your error logs. Blank white page = php error.

AHB900
05-12-2008, 12:50 PM
where are my error logs? do you mean the LOGs file in the admin folder in my ftp? because when i open that folder there is nothing in it. How can i fix this i really dont wanna get any orders an end up not seeing them. i was thinking of replacing the whole admin folder but turns out it might be the admin folder that is OUTSIDE of my catalog folder and i dont think i can find that to replace it. What can i do guys thanks

michael_s
05-12-2008, 04:34 PM
That is like asking where the trunk/boot of your car is... if you have to ask you are beyond help !

Just kidding. Look in the control panel provided by your host. There may be something called 'error logs' or something like it. That is where the problem will be logged. If you still can't find it, a quick email/ticket to your hosting support should locate them for you...

AHB900
05-12-2008, 04:50 PM
so this problem isent through my oscommerce files? because i just checked and reuploaded my files and everything seems like its good. Also i havent edited anything that might have screwed up the admin i never touch the admin things... but let me look into the error logs and see what i can find. btw what if i go to my control panel and click reset oscommerce will that delete everything?

michael_s
05-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Slow down.

No point in doing anything until you check your error logs.

Blank page = PHP error. That simple. PHP is erroring out on the admin page. Find the error, solve the problem. It will be logged in the error logs.

AHB900
05-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Sorry lol its just i have a site running and i dont want anyone ordering anything and i cant see what they have purchased or how they have paid etc. I contacted my hosting provider and they told me since i am windows based i cant see my error logs so i had to create a ticket to recieve my error logs hopefully they will response soon and i can figure out what has happen. Maybe i can post em up on here if i cant figure it out myself... I will be back soon

Thank you

AHB900
05-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Here we go i got the error and this is what it says

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_languages() in D:\hshome\armanb89\nonos-jewelry.com\admin\index.php on line 58

any idea?

thanks

michael_s
05-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Also post line 58 from the file D:\hshome\armanb89\nonos-jewelry.com\admin\index.php

AHB900
05-13-2008, 12:46 PM
$languages = tep_get_languages();
$languages_array = array();
$languages_selected = DEFAULT_LANGUAGE;
for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {
$languages_array[] = array('id' => $languages[$i]['code'],
'text' => $languages[$i]['name']);
if ($languages[$i]['directory'] == $language) {
$languages_selected = $languages[$i]['code'];

i believe its the first line there is nothing else in the file with tep_get_languages

michael_s
05-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Looks like you may have deleted or never uploaded some of the language files:

osCommerce Community Support Forums > Fatal error HELP: Call to undefined function (http://forums.oscommerce.com/lofiversion/index.php?t146908.html)

AHB900
05-13-2008, 02:42 PM
umm i cant seem to make it work :-\ when i dled the full package of oscommerce it came with catalog/admin index.php but my problem is in the admin folder thats outside of the catalog and i cant find that in a package... i did exactly as told on the other link you send me and im still getting the same problem :-\ ne more ideas?

AHB900
05-13-2008, 03:08 PM
ahh i even just tryed replacing the whole admin folder and i looked through my language folders and everything seems to be in the right place.. i dont know im starting to get annoyed :-\

AHB900
05-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Sorry that i keep replying but i just fixed my problem by doing what that other guy did in the link you send me

i changed the original text to this.

/* $languages = tep_get_languages();
$languages_array = array();
$languages_selected = DEFAULT_LANGUAGE;
for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i &lt; $n; $i++) {
$languages_array[] = array('id' => $languages[$i]['code'],
'text' => $languages[$i]['name']);
if ($languages[$i]['directory'] == $language) {
$languages_selected = $languages[$i]['code'];
}
}*/

but the thing is what is it that i exactly did? why does it work this way and not the regular way? i just added / / at the beggining and the end of the text... please if you know let me know

thanks

michael_s
05-14-2008, 04:43 AM
That comments out the language code, makes it inert. It stops looking for different languages with that code change.