PDA

View Full Version : New User and Highly confused? :-)

ruggerdean
05-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Hi,

I'm a New Member to OS Commerce and in Need help!!! lol

I already have an active ecommerce website (eShop) and I use 1and1 to host the site.

They told me to use OS Commerce for my other 17 sites? They responded when I refused to pay $50 per site per month because only one shopping cart could be used per domain.

I want to get all my websites (domains) up and running but don't know how to give them all a unique look (so online customers don't know they are all the same company.

So each domain I want to be on line and contain almost the same items but I want them to look all different.

How do I do this?

MindTwist
05-08-2008, 12:31 AM
17 sites...? You run 17 different stores?

All I can tell you is "Multi-Stores", you should start by reading ALL 8 pages on this thread. Note, that this relates to Multi-Stores for OSCMAX, but it would basically equally apply to Multi-Stores for plain OSCommerce.

http://www.oscmax.com/forums/oscmax-projects-discussion/8739-multi-stores-shop-system-oscmax.html

It is NOT an easy contribution to install, in fact it is the HARDEST contribution I have installed ever, no questions. I do not even have everything working yet. But once it is up and running, it is sure worth it, as you could just make hundreds of stores, with different looks, different (but shared) products, different prices on the same products on each store, etc...