PDA

View Full Version : osCMax Development and updates

michael_s
04-17-2008, 10:34 PM
A new blog entry has been added.
Read the full post here:
osCMax Development and updates - osCMax - osCommerce Maximized (http://www.oscmax.com/blog/michael_s/oscmax_development_and_updates)

Greetings to all the osCMax community members and visitors!

I will be posting updates regarding osCMax development in my osCMax blog. You will be able to keep up to date on all the important osCMax happenings without having to sift through the forums for hours.

wkdwich
04-18-2008, 06:28 AM
MIchael, have you got any estimate as to when this might be ready?? I mean should I stay or should I go?? :) I was going to update to the R3 version, but if you are close I will wait

Will any of the following be included in the newest version:
cc_cvv+encryption v1.8 oscmax
country drop down not refreshing
multi_zone_shipping

Where can I find a current list of contribution in MAX

And last.. I cant find the manual for BTS version in osCMax2 I want to convert an existing template and need the most current information.. Oh and do I need to wait for the release to do the template converversion??

thanks for a great job!

michael_s
04-18-2008, 07:23 AM
You can get the current code right now if you want it, by using an SVN client to checkout the code from the repository. But if you want to wait for an official release, I don't have a date set, as there is just too much left to do. This is for developers primarily who are helping test the code, find and fix issues, etc.

The "country dropdown" issue will be fixed as it is an open bug, but the new mods I cannot guarantee will be in osCMax core package, since they are drop in contributions already and very easy to add.

BTS Template primer is here (http://wiki.oscdox.com/bts_docs)

wkdwich
04-18-2008, 07:56 AM
OK Great I will wait for the release then to install this cart, but I can work on the template conversion now with no issues right?? the template in my way of thinking should be a stand alone issue to the actual oscMAX is that correct?? I have another MAX cart I can convert and test the template with for now

thanks for the speedy..

michael_s
04-18-2008, 09:02 AM
There are no template system changes so you should be safe.

Ghaleon
04-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Will there be a working custom computer/product configurator

michael_s
04-19-2008, 07:50 AM
No new mods will be added to RC4. It is a major bugfix/upgrade release for current mods and payment/shipping mods.

The custom computer/product configurator will most likely not ever be added to the core of osCMax. It may be converted as an addon module that can be dropped in.

minuteman1970
04-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi Michael,
I am getting set to install a brand new shop on OScMax. Will it be a easy task to update the current version to the new one once it is released?

Thanks again for your efforts!

michael_s
04-20-2008, 10:15 AM
As long as you don't hack in a bunch of custom code, updating will be pretty easy.