PDA

View Full Version : Paypal IPN cart not emptying

warrenthewindmill
11-04-2003, 09:28 PM
When I make a payment using paypal ipn everything works fine until I continue after the sale. The shopping cart still contains the item I just bought.
Any help please?

warrenthewindmill
11-07-2003, 07:35 PM
still haven't managed to sort this. Even a possible direction would help. Could it be a cookie problem?

michael_s
11-07-2003, 08:39 PM
Probably your IPN return url. Make sure that is correct.

warrenthewindmill
11-13-2003, 07:49 AM
It seems to return ok to checkout_success.php but the item just purchased is staring right back at me from the cart.
This looks like the last problem before we go live...famous last words

warrenthewindmill
11-15-2003, 05:40 AM
I've found further problems with Paypal IPN

All my orders are left at "PayPal Processing"
A TXN Id is not created
The shopping cart is not emptied
No email is sent to the customer from the store

The transactions ARE successful because Paypal emails both the store and the customer and debits and credits the right amounts. I have been trying to solve this for the last 2 days and having found this thread can see that someone with similar problems back in August did not appear to get an answer.
I assumed (always a mistake) that Paypal IPN would be a working contribution? If so what I am doing wrong? I have this one problem to solve to get a live site.
I have checked the addresses in osCommerce and in Paypal are set to paypal_notify.php and it seems to make no difference whether or not cURL is enabled.

If all else fails who would you recommend as a card processor, with an interface contribution that I can install?

Hoping someone can help please

warrenthewindmill
11-15-2003, 08:48 AM
Could someone at least confirm this is a working contribution on a live site. At least I know then it is a problem with my install/configure/mistake and not a wider problem with the contribution?
Thanks

warrenthewindmill
11-16-2003, 06:27 AM
A clue...anything appreciated. This thing is keeping me up at night

michael_s
11-16-2003, 08:26 AM
warrenthewindmill, of course it is a working contribution. I have successfully tested it dozens of times. Tons of sites are using it without a problem. One clue - there is nobody responding to this thread. Usually that means 'it works for me.'

You have something screwy with your setup. That is what it has to be. Re-upload the IPN files. Have you made any other mods to the store? IPN hacks are in quite a few files. Perhaps you damaged one of the hacks inadvertantly.

warrenthewindmill
11-16-2003, 10:53 PM
A thought. I don't think I have made changes to anything that would impact, although I can't be sure. Could it have anything to do with currencies? I'm a UK based store in £. Can't see why it would but I'll have a look later. then as you suggest I'll just do a reinstall of the files. Maybe look at the dates on the files first, if the same then I haven't amended them. If different it points me to the problem.
Either way you have sparked off new ideas for which I am grateful

warrenthewindmill
11-17-2003, 10:44 AM
I've checked every file that either has paypal in the filename or in the content. The vast majority are dated 21st September and so I reckon haven't been changed.

The only ones with later dates are all from the english file and relate to shipping/delivery policies and are all text so I'm as sure as I can be that I haven't touched any of the files.

Then I tried setting the paypal IPN test mode to true and sending some test transactions. One by one it inserted the order numbers that had failed to send emails and recorded successful transactions.

TEST IPN Processed for order #103

I checked my emails and all the missing emails were arriving one after the other.

When all these transactions had been exhausted I was forced to enter item numbers to continues sending test IPN's.

You need to specify an order #Error: no valid $paypal_response received.

I mistakenly entered the same item number twice and got the following error:

TEST IPN Processed for order #1061064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

delete from customers_basket where customers_id=

[TEP STOP]

and I now get this error every time I try and send a test IPN.
I've had a look at the database and there are now enties in the paypal_txn table with duplicate order numbers.

I feel sure that I haven't hacked about with the files. I decided when I started with MS2 Max that I wasn't going to do this to avoid just these sorts of problems. If so I must have some change to the config that has had an impact but I can't think what it might be.
Does any of this make sense and can anybody else reproduce these problems? The cart still does not empty by the way.

warrenthewindmill
11-17-2003, 11:30 AM
When I empty the shopping_cart table the problem goes away. I would have expected the basket to empty but it still doesn't. Where are the cart contents stored?

warrenthewindmill
11-17-2003, 10:37 PM
Progress, but help still needed.

Checked that :

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql')

in both catalog and admin

Then I set my cache directory to:

home/domains/mystore.com/user/htdocs/admin/tmp

made sure a tmp folder exists and chmodded to RWX

But I get the error:

Error: Cache directory does not exist. Please set this Configuration->Cache.

I then set cache to 'true' in config and retried the checkout process.

Changes are:
All categories are blank i.e. do not display
Shopping cart now empties after return from Paypal :lol:

If I then go to 'send test IPN' in admin, the item number shows the order I just processed with the following message next to it:

(111) is the id of the last order with "paypal_processing" status.

If I set paypal IPN test mode to 'True' in the payments module and then send the IPN test message I get:

TEST IPN Processed for order #111

and the email from the store appears in the customer's mailbox.

If you can add anything to this I would very much appreciate. Am I missing something really obvious?

warrenthewindmill
11-17-2003, 11:29 PM
cache error fixed.
It should be:

/home/domains/mystore.com/user/htdocs/admin/tmp/

not:

home/domains/wargamestore.com/user/htdocs/adhocannie/tmp/

more progress :lol:

warrenthewindmill
11-17-2003, 11:32 PM
...but my categories still go AWOL when I set use cache in admin-->configuration-->cache to true

Anonymous
11-18-2003, 10:10 AM
Hi Warren

Do you have cURL enabled on your PayPal IPN Configuration?

Sometimes it is on your system but does not work.

Pablo Pasqualino
Mar del Plata, Argentina
Osmosis - Diseño y Comunicación
http://www.osmosisdc.com

Anonymous
11-18-2003, 10:13 AM
Hi Warren

Do you have cURL enabled on your PayPal IPN Configuration?

Sometimes it is on your system but does not work.

Sorry, that question was specific for your PayPal IPN problems, not for the cache problem!

Pablo Pasqualino
Mar del Plata, Argentina
Osmosis - Diseño y Comunicación
http://www.osmosisdc.com

warrenthewindmill
11-18-2003, 11:51 AM
Hi Pablo
Have cURL and have tried with it on and off but it makes no difference
Thanks for responding

warrenthewindmill
11-18-2003, 10:21 PM
Do you think I have 2 unrelated problems here? Just my luck. If so, and I had assumed this to be the case, surely the missing descriptions when cache set to true must be replicable by someone. Also the Paypal problem? I have a vanilla MS2 Max install. I made changes to english files, deleted other languages and deleted the information box and now display them across the footer. Other than this nothing but configuration settings and aesthetics.
I know I am not the first to have this problem because there is an unanswered post on oScommerce. I appreciate that lack of responses means 'it works for me' but it isn't part of the point of these boards to try and help when something doesn't work for me?
I understand that problems cannot be recreated if I have added contributions and hacked files all over the place but I have not done this. At the moment I face a number of options it seems:
Dump the whole thing in the bin... which I am determined not to do.
Reinstall the whole thing, which I 'd rather not do because I have invested a lot of time in changing the detail.
Reinstall Paypal IPN, but it looks, and I think that these files have never been touched by me.
I am not asking for the solution on a plate, but sometimes posters suggest things that although not the solution lead you to it. At the moment I am sitting here having run out of things to try.
Sorry if this seems like a rant as I do appreciate the help I have been given both here and on oScommerce.

warrenthewindmill
11-18-2003, 11:08 PM
One thing that someone could please help me with would be a simple run through of how paypal IPN is supposed to operate, and the purpose of the test IPN part, as self evident as that may be to you.
If I ensure that all previous transactions have been purged from test IPN (by the process decribed above) the cart empties as it should. I'm assuming this can't be how it is supposed to work, but I feel I may be making assumptions here without having a clear understanding of how it is supposed to operate. I still feel that maybe I am missing something obvious that you think I am aware of and that I haven't thought of. I suppose what I am asking for is...an idiots guide to Paypal IPN.
Thanks

Anonymous
11-19-2003, 06:34 AM
Hi Warren
Contact me on msn: thesauron2001@hotmail.com so I can help you with your IPN problem!

See you

warrenthewindmill
11-20-2003, 10:04 AM
Pablo is the Man!!

He contacted me via msn messenger and solved the problem in less than 5 minutes. I would probably never have figured it out.

As our site is still under construction I have URL security in place. Remove it and EVERYTHING WORKS FINE :lol:

This thing has been consuming me for, well for the length of this thread and then some. the store goes live on Sunday

Thanks again Pablo

michael_s
11-20-2003, 11:25 AM
warrenthewindmill, and never in a million years would I have guessed that was the problem :)

It goes to show you how server configuration is a huge unknown. You never even thought to mention it, and I never thought to ask! But it is along the line of what I expected. The return url was not working correctly.

PaintballGT
12-01-2003, 06:27 PM
I am getting an error in my IPN processing:

TEST IPN Processed for order #1341054 - Unknown column 'business' in 'field list'

Any thoughts?

Tom

Anonymous
12-03-2003, 04:30 PM
Pablo is the Man!!

He contacted me via msn messenger and solved the problem in less than 5 minutes. I would probably never have figured it out.

As our site is still under construction I have URL security in place. Remove it and EVERYTHING WORKS FINE :lol:

This thing has been consuming me for, well for the length of this thread and then some. the store goes live on Sunday

Thanks again Pablo

I have ALL the exact same problems with setting up Paypal IPN, could you go through the steps to resolve all the problems.

Thanks
Ciaran

PaintballGT
12-04-2003, 02:12 PM
Well, I removed the URL security and still no luck. Still getting the Unknown column error.

Anonymous
12-05-2003, 03:43 PM
I am having the exact same problems,

i.e.

A TXN Id is not created

What are the steps that need to be taken to fix this,
Thanks
John

Anonymous
12-05-2003, 03:59 PM
I am having the exact same problems,

i.e.

A TXN Id is not created

What are the steps that need to be taken to fix this,
Thanks
JohnIt seem to run correctly in test mode, but it wont do the real thing!!

John

Anonymous
12-06-2003, 03:43 AM
my problem seems to be the exact same as warrenthewindmills, so could someone please just go through the steps that i need to take.

Thanks
John

warrenthewindmill
12-06-2003, 01:42 PM
John
My problems all resulted from having URL security on my site. All I did to fix it was to remove URL security and IPN worked perfectly. So there were no 'steps' as such. I simply removed my URL security and everything worked fine.

Anonymous
12-06-2003, 05:01 PM
warren,

I'm a bit confused, what is URL security, and how do i remove it?

Thanks J

Anonymous
12-08-2003, 11:31 AM
* HELP *

Anonymous
12-10-2003, 01:18 PM
HELP!"!!!!!!

Anonymous
12-12-2003, 03:24 AM
ive given up, and have removed PAYPAL IPN!! Just wont work!!!

John

warrenthewindmill
12-14-2003, 07:33 AM
John
Apologies for not replying earlier. Because I didn't want anyone to access my site while I was still testing it, I set URL security through my ISP. This means to access the site a user would have to enter a username and password. If you tried to get to the home page you would simply see a dialog box which required username and password - similar to what you see when you go to the admin section of osCommerce.
If you have URL security set up it interferes with the Paypal messages and Paypal IPN fails.
If you have URL security set up simply remove it and your problems will be solved

PaintballGT
12-15-2003, 06:21 PM
My error was a DB one where a field was missing from a table entry. My host (AAbox) fixed me right up and I am working again!