PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me to fixe my first warnings ? session + right

gregv
10-30-2003, 07:26 AM
Hello,
I'm french and new in the Oscommerce's world.
So I just have finished my first install but I don't know how to fixe these warnings appeared on my index.php ?
It seems to be about "create the sessions directories" and I don't know how to do it ...
Could anyone help me to start ?

1°)
Warning: session_start() [http://www.online.net/support/]: open(/tmp/.sess_d9db44e2eb57a02270a09856028d5d7d, O_RDWR) failed (you probably forgot to create the 'sessions' directory): Invalid argument (22) in sessions.php on line 67

2°)
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/42/j/o/u/jouetenligne.com/www/Oscommerce/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in sessions.php on line 67

3°)
Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script is not allowed to access a file owned by another uid in header.php on line 30 :
Header :
(// check if the session folder is writeable
if (WARN_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE == 'true') {
if (STORE_SESSIONS == '') {
if (!is_dir(tep_session_save_path())) {)

4°)
Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.
I put a /tmp every were but no way

5°)
Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /var/www/42/j/o/u/jouetenligne.com/www/Oscommerce/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

(I check the right : it is to CHMOD 644 ??? )

jpf
10-30-2003, 09:56 AM
You should store session in MySQL...

In BOTH configure.php files - change the 2nd last line:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

to:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

gregv
11-03-2003, 12:22 AM
Thank you. Now it's ok with session.
But I always have a warning about configure.php.
I check the CHMOD value and it's correct i think : CHMOD 644.
This is the warning :
Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /var/www/42/j/o/u/jouetenligne.com/www/Oscommerce/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.What can I do ?

michael_s
11-03-2003, 07:26 AM
CHMOD 444 ;)