PDA

View Full Version : Server PHP upgrade problem. Cart won't update plus Admin login error

nemail
03-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Hi
My host upgraded the server to PHP 5.1.6 but has kept register_globals "on".
Initial testing reveals that the catalog appears OK, but some items can't be added to cart, nor can it be updated or items deleted.
Also, I can't login to Admin and this is the message which appears:

Warning: include(includes/languages/english/) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/xxxxxxx/www.websitename.com/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 163

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/xxxx/xxxxxxx/www. websitename.com/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 163

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/xxxx/xxxxxxx/www. websitename.com/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31

I have three sites affected, one of which is a test site (which I updated with the www.magic-seo-url.com fix) the other two remained unaltered. All three sites worked OK prior to the server upgrade. I'd anticipated some kind of problem that's why I had installed the "Register Globals Easy" fix on the test site but, as I said, they still all show the same problems.

Any suggestions for the cart updating problem and the Admin login? I've read through everything I could find so far and I'll keep on looking too.

Thanks for any help.

bkpie
03-20-2008, 05:41 AM
Did you check my cart fix in this thread if using magic seo fix? http://www.oscmax.com/forums/oscmax-v2-customization-mods/12635-php5-question-oscmax-rc3.html

Also if that does not work take out the register globals easy on your test site and try this register globals on the test site. I have tested it and it seems to work osCommerce Community Add-Ons (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2097) Use version 1.5 the cmotd (Richard) did. Easiest install using a compare program.

nemail
04-01-2008, 02:54 AM
Hi bkpie

This is just a quick response to thank you for your reply. For some reason I've only just had the email notification of an update to my question, so sorry for the delay in responding.

Yes, I had checked your cart fix and in the course of tweaking and testing I was able to get my test site functional again. I also think that my hosting company were also modifying some things to achieve a fix, which makes it harder for me to pinpoint exactly what made the difference. I try to be methodical about stuff I do so it can be documented, but when there's other involvement it's not so clear.

In the meantime, I'd also asked my hosting company to relocate my clients' sites to a non-upgraded server to keep them functional - as well as to buy me time to identify a fix. In a few days, I'll be looking to switch them back to the upgraded server and to apply the same changes I made to my test site - and then keep my fingers crossed. I'll follow your further suggestions if the sites still encounter problems.

Thanks once again for your help, it's greatly appreciated.