PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card Number is invalid message!!

Anonymous
11-27-2002, 01:46 AM
Hello,

I have used the search function and looked around the site but cannot find any answers to this.

The payment system is not connected to any gateway, just as free as it was written yet when I put any credit card # in, I get this message...

Credit Card Error!
The credit card number entered is invalid.
Please check the number and try again.

What would prompt it to do this.

I do recall in the install selecting the 'https' method and haven't done anything about that yet, but would that prompt this message?

Thank you

stan
11-27-2002, 09:59 AM
The system does some basic checking of the credit card numbers, such as requiring X digits and checking that the card starts with a valid 4-digit block. Each credit card companies has a unique start signature. i.e. 4111xxxxxxxxxxxx is a Visa card. iirc, you can use 4111 followed by twelve 1's as a test #.

-- stan c",)

Anonymous
11-27-2002, 11:40 AM
Thank you, that did work.

It is strange because before I changed the database, it did work with any numbers I put in provided the first 4 were correct.

I also noticed that it did not accept the first 4 digs of our Australian Bankcard 5610 and it said it did not use these. I can't seem to see where new card types could be added, but will go look again.

Okay, at least it works this far. I was taken to the last order confirm page which was correct but when I touched the last button I got the order form, which was correct but then I got this...

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/starlite/starlite-www/catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_process.php:31) in /home/starlite/starlite-www/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 23

I will make that a seperate post in case others may know that problem and not see it due to the misleading Subject line.

Thank you for your help.

stan
11-27-2002, 12:54 PM
no problem. btw, the validation logic is in the catalog/includes/classes/cc_validation.php file. you'll need to modify that to match your requirements.

cheers,
-- stan c",)