PDA

View Full Version : Credit card payment

Anonymous
11-26-2002, 11:00 PM
Hey everybody,
I was just wondering if I could do offline credit card processing instead of using the service of an automated payment system. I have a merchant account and all what I need to start, what I'm still missing though is to make the shopping cart take credit crad numbers for offline processing. When I check allowing CC I get the following: In the checkout page, the payement method is empty and it allows you to finish up the order without taking the proper informations.
Anyone for help?! :(
Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
11-26-2002, 11:41 PM
Look at the post a couple of lines below yours. It is about the same thing as you want to know.

Anonymous
11-27-2002, 01:56 AM
Look at the post a couple of lines below yours. It is about the same thing as you want to know.
While that post talks about how to send the cc number via email, I can't even get my store to ask for the credit card number. In the checkout process the payement method is optionless and so customers are not asked to enter their CC numbers .
Thanks for the answer though.

michael_s
11-27-2002, 12:28 PM
You havent fully set up your shop. You need to go to the admin, and under modules, click 'payment'

There you can enable your payment options.

Anonymous
11-27-2002, 06:53 PM
You havent fully set up your shop. You need to go to the admin, and under modules, click 'payment'

There you can enable your payment options.
Thanks for answering.
I actually did. I checked on the option of credit card and sat a value for "Credit Card TP email address". I don't want to accept checks nor use one of those payement gateways so the only option that would fit me is that "credit card". The problem is that it doesn't show during the check out process. When I tried to use one of those gateways(ipayement for an instance using the test account), it works fine and the customer is lead to a page where he is asked to enter all the informations. What I'm asking is if there exist a module that I could use to collect the needed information and leave it in the server instead of passing it to and processing it through one of those automated payement services.
Thanks a million.
Cheers.

tjack
12-07-2002, 02:37 PM
When I go to Admin and click on modules>payments i get the following text message: Module Directory: /catalog/includes/modules/payment/

I don't see any options to pick from.

chrisyewchuk
10-16-2003, 10:09 AM
Hey Guest, did you ever get an answer to your question? I'm in the exact same situation - I want to *collect* CC information for an order, but process it manually.

Any thoughts on how to do this, guys?

Thanks!

melfalcon15
10-20-2004, 06:37 AM
Simply select creditcard in the payment modules, click the edit button and change the setting to true. unless im missing something in the question

fridgemags
10-20-2004, 05:07 PM
yeah that is propably what you are missing, You must first install the module and then click on edit and set enable to "true.

shreky
11-02-2004, 01:30 PM
I checked the part to accept credit card payment but where does that money go?. I mean, after they bought with credit card how do I get the money?. Did I forget to do something else.

andermat
11-24-2004, 05:14 AM
I'm having the same problem as shreky. I have done a test purchase with a CC. It says the sale was complete but nothing is charged to my CC. Nor do I get notification of a purchase on my site so I can manually enter in the information if necessary.