PDA

View Full Version : Registration Page

Cyber_JM
02-27-2008, 11:59 AM
does anyone knows how to add another field to be inputted for the customer's information?

Cyber_JM
02-27-2008, 12:01 PM
i have my site and i want to add new information to be fill up by the customers...

the following fields are:
1. Business_name
2. Years_in_business

met00
02-27-2008, 04:10 PM
do you want to do it right or do you want to kluge it?

to do it right you will have to

1) add those two fields to the database (actually company name is already there)
2) find all references that call that database and make sure that you correct them to add those two fields (or add the fields to the DB as null being acceptable)
3) modify the javascript on the user side to check and require those fields (if required)
4) modify the code that displays the create account and edit account pages to display those fields and accept user input
5) modify the admin side to display and allow those fields to be edited
6) if you are asking for the years, add a function that allows a pulldown for years selection (lowers the chance of bad data getting entered)

Good luck.

Cyber_JM
03-06-2008, 05:14 AM
I am a new member here and i don't really understand what file(s) to be edited and if ever, can anyone help me solve my problem here and teach me what file(s) are going to be edited and please teach me in step-by-step so that i can get through with it perfectly.

Thank you in advance and more power!!!... GOD BLESS.......