PDA

View Full Version : Product Image Ajax Lightbox Popup

allwebnow
02-22-2008, 08:15 PM
A new project_project entry has been added:

Product Image Ajax Lightbox Popup

This mod allows you to give your shopping cart a more web 2.0 feel with a Product Image Ajax Lightbox Popup .

Instead of waiting for a new window to load when you're trying to view the larger image, it pops up immediately to showcase your product.

ozstar
03-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Can't wait to try this..
oz :)

Gizmor
03-19-2008, 03:27 AM
Hmm , i just tried this contribution but it doesnt work for some reason are there more ppl with this problem, here it only opens the image in the same windows without the ajax lightbox stuff.

I have done the installation twice now but still not working.

Btw, OSCmax rocks :D

Gizmor
03-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Nobody has this problem ?

wbclassics
04-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi Gizmor,

I too cannot get the ajax image pop-up to work. Tried manually mod'ing the files, then replacing them with the ones from the zip - doesn't work either way.

Gizmor
04-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Hi Gizmor,

I too cannot get the ajax image pop-up to work. Tried manually mod'ing the files, then replacing them with the ones from the zip - doesn't work either way.

ok, ive worked on it again and now i got it working BUT it doesnt work with the ultrapics, so it only opens the main thumb image that is uploaded.

sirsonic
05-07-2008, 11:35 AM
I have a lightbox popup contrib working perfectly in my shop for both main product images and mopics. How do I upload a new package to this project?

Gizmor
05-20-2008, 08:53 AM
I have a lightbox popup contrib working perfectly in my shop for both main product images and mopics. How do I upload a new package to this project?

well i cant find it where that is but if you upload it somewhere and post the link i would be very gratefull.

sirsonic
05-20-2008, 09:11 AM
http://shop.sonictech.ca/_OSCMAX/lightbox_oscmaxrc3_sonic.zip

I haven't created any instructions or anything, so you'll have to just poke through those files for now. I'll see if I have time today to package it properly.

Shawn

Gizmor
05-21-2008, 08:45 AM
http://shop.sonictech.ca/_OSCMAX/lightbox_oscmaxrc3_sonic.zip

I haven't created any instructions or anything, so you'll have to just poke through those files for now. I'll see if I have time today to package it properly.

Shawn

just tried your contrib but still it doesnt work, it opens the image in the same window without all the fancy lightbox

sirsonic
05-21-2008, 12:22 PM
I have updated and rebuilt the package with instructions. Please download it again.

JohnW
05-22-2008, 09:29 AM
It works as described and I didn't have to change my mopics settings either as it's working with the thumbnails in the images directory.

Gizmor
05-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Ok, i just tested the new package and it still isn't working if i add your code to my product_info.tpl then i get a error message

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

I also noticed that you use a older version of OSCmax can this be the problem because if code changes between these versions ?

further there no modifications to my product_info.tpl.

JohnW
05-22-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm using RC3.01 and it's working. Is Mopics working for you? It sounds like there is something in your product_info.tpl that ins't correct becaust it will display the page even if lightbox isn't working.

zip up your product_info.tpl here and I'll compare them.

sirsonic
05-22-2008, 01:03 PM
That's a common error in oscommerce. Does that error occur just on product pages? What PHP version are you using?

Gizmor
05-22-2008, 06:24 PM
i took a clean product_info.tpl to test it out and just added the Lightbox code and then i get this error if i use the standard file everything works also mopics. i use PHP5 don't know the exact version atm because im at work and not behind my PC.

/edit,
just got home from work and i checked, i'm running
PHP Version 5.2.4

pgmarshall
03-16-2009, 02:41 AM
For anyone using this mod - if you read the instructions on the authors home page (http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/) it is possible to very easily allow user to use the next and prev buttons in the ligthbox to scroll through the additional images you have in mopics by simply adding

rel="lightbox[group]" into the href code
2 occurances in product_info.tpl.php page &
1 occurance in dynamic_mopics.php

Hope this helps,

pgmarshall

JohnW
03-16-2009, 06:02 AM
I recently switched to slimbox 2 which uses JQuery and is smaller and lighter script. There's not a contribution for it but it was easy to implement. You can find links to it on the JQuery site.