PDA

View Full Version : Categories still not acting right:::::

stick00
10-20-2003, 06:57 PM
Im using MS2MAX....I used the category update because I was having problems with my category box not showing my categories or subs...When i first load the page it shows correctly,,,But when i go to a product from my category box,I lose all my categories.Backspacing does not show missing categories either,even if i backspace to the beginning page..Please help,Eric

michael_s
10-21-2003, 07:20 PM
What category update? Could you be more specific? The categories work fine without any updating. ??

stick00
10-22-2003, 05:57 PM
--Quote from msasek------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

This bugfix corrects a problem with the Category Descriptions mod in MS2-MAX v1.5.1 and earlier.

Bug Description
This bug causes category descriptions in Sub Categories not to display, as well as any new Main category descriptions that you may add.

Bug Fix
If you have not made any changes to the index_products.tpl.php file, just unzip the attached archive and upload the file to your /catalog/templates/content directory, overwriting the existing file.

If you have made changes to the file, find this code:

Code:
// Get the right image for the top-right
$image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif';
if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
$image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
$image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
$image = $image['manufacturers_image'];
} elseif ($current_category_id) {
$image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
$image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
$image = $image['categories_image'];
}
?>
<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
</tr>

And, immediately after the </tr> tag, add the following code:
Code:
<?php if ( (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true') && (tep_not_null($category['categories_description'])) ) { ?>
<tr>
<td align="left" colspan="2" class="category_desc"><?php echo $category['categories_description']; ?></td>
</tr>
<?php } ?>

Thats it. Bug Fixed. This updates the current full version to v1.5.2.

This is what i did msasek...Its is odd tho i see my categories<products> when the page first opens,,But when i hit one of my products i go to the product that i hit but i dont see the master categories in my category box.<you know how you can see the ctagories or products on everypage>I dont just on the firsts page........