PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on the Delivery Information Page.

JeremyTaye
10-20-2003, 11:24 AM
When I user makes a purchase, and attempts to check out, the user gets stuck on the Delivery Information page.

The Delivery information displayed is correct.

We do get an error from UPS rates:

United Parcel Service
We are unable to obtain a rate quote for UPS shipping.
Please contact the store if no other alternative is shown.

When the user Clicks Continue for Continue Checkout Procedure the page seems to be reloaded.

Running OsCommerce MS2 MAX 1.5
On Red Hat 7.3
NO SSL at this time.
PHP Version 4.1.2

ANy help will be great.
http://v2.percussionoutlet.com
is the test site if anyone want to check it out.

Thanks,

Jeremy

michael_s
10-21-2003, 07:23 PM
Do your products have the weight set to a non zero amount? If not, change them to non-zero weight.

nightwind
01-02-2004, 12:14 PM
I have the same problem, all my products have weights assigned. Still can't get UPS and USPS to display shipping costs.

Aaaaargh!

thesauce98
03-08-2004, 09:57 AM
I'm getting the same problem also. I can't get off the delivery information page because UPS gives me no options to select.

To make sure I didn't break anything, I made another default installation on another server. In that installation of MAX with all the default products, the UPS shipping module still just says "United Parcel Service (1 x 16.5lbs)" with no options to select. I don't even get an error.

I also tested it in a regular osCommerce installation, and it works in that. :?:

I also signed up for a USPS account and got the userid and everything but thats not working either. I have no way to ship my products, can anyoone help!?

All my products have a weight, and I set my zipcode under Admin->Configuration->Shipping/Packaging. I also tried reinstalling the modules from the admin panel a million times. Someone else had to run into this also ... Thanks

thesauce98
03-09-2004, 10:40 AM
i seemed to fix it by using the normal oscommerce MS2 ups.php file. but why is that, did anyone else have to do that?

julinhamp
10-05-2004, 08:43 PM
I have MAX v1.7 and the ups.php file has a line of code similar to
mail('youremail@yourserver.com','UPS response',$body,'From: <you@yourserver.com>');

By changing the youremail@yourserver.com to your own email address and placing an order (to the point where you get the rate quote error) you will be emailed the reply from UPS which may help you track down why you are getting the "Unable to obtain a rate quote" problem. My response from UPS was "Missing ConsigneeCountry".

The reason why I was getting that response was I had changed the countries database since I only wanted US and Canada in the country drop down list. I had removed all other countries and then inserted 2 entries in the database which of course meant they had different id's than those stored with the customer's address entries so the country could not be found to send to UPS. Re-filing the country in Admin->Configuration->My Store and Admin->Configuration->Shipping/Packaging and then re-creating a new address book entry for the "customer" and shipping to that got rid of the UPS error and gave me all my shipping options. Lesson learned - if you change the country Database give the countries the same id they had before - especially if your store is already live (mine wasn't). It's much easier than having to re-file everything.