PDA

View Full Version : Any PHP obfuscator suit for OSMax?

edwinkor
02-13-2008, 07:46 PM
OSCMax is free, but I believe after spend lots of effort to customise it for own application, some of us may want to consider protect our work. I'm searching for affordable obfuscator (if it is free, better still :-)) can be used for OSMax. POBS is free but have run into many problems, some commercial products may not workable to OSMax. Will appreciate if someone know and give recommendation. Thanks.

michael_s
02-14-2008, 09:38 AM
There is zend, ioncube, eaccelerator and several others that can precompile and obfuscate the code. I have never tried any of them before, so your mileage may vary.

I have seen the old Turck MMcache (predecessor of eAccelerator) compile and encode files, and it worked fine.

edwinkor
02-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Thank you Michael for your advice.

I have not tried any of those software you mentioned because they are quite expensive and not sure whether workable for OSCMax. Zend encoder even require server to run zend optimizer.

So far, I had tried POBS, semanticdesign, raizlabs, codeeclipse, phplockit, gridinsoft evaluation/trial copy, and asked their support, all dont have good solution. Some programs can even hang-up my system by encoding OSCMax.

Thanks anyone for sharing if you have these experience.

michael_s
02-15-2008, 07:13 AM
eaccelerator is free. So that may be your best option.

ioncube is only $199 which seems pretty affordable to me, especially when you have put much more into the actual customization of your code.

zend is $600 and geared more toward software developers rather than end users, so this is out of range for the casual user.

Next, most servers already run Zend optimizer so they can already decode zend encoded files. If not, it is an easy 2 minute install. Ioncube loaders are easy to install too.

edwinkor
02-16-2008, 07:35 AM
Thanks again Michael. Will look into eAccelerator.