PDA

View Full Version : what is this error?

Dragonmom
10-15-2003, 01:27 PM
1054 - Unknown column 'customers_group_id' in 'field list'
select customers_group_id from customers where customers_id = ''
[TEP STOP]
I get this on product_info.php. I have a few test items entered.
Is this a database error?

michael_s
10-15-2003, 04:42 PM
Your database table is missing this field = 'customers_group_id'. Looks like your DB did not get created properly...

Dragonmom
10-17-2003, 05:16 PM
Your database table is missing this field = 'customers_group_id'. Looks like your DB did not get created properly...
I'll say! i added customers_group_id to customers table , and now I get this error;
1146 - Table 'dragon_skelly1.TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS' doesn't exist
select customers_group_price from TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS where products_id = '60' and customers_group_id = ''

I've just gotten started with this project, and I am using the older MAX- I*could* just scrap it and download the newer version. What do you think?
I am downloading to mac os9.2.2, by the way- uploading to Red Hat server. I have no idea if that would have anything to do wiht it.

michael_s
10-17-2003, 06:11 PM
It looks like you have not created the database properly. Make sure you run the installer, and import the database structure and data. Either version of MS2-MAX will work fine, IF you install it properly. It just looks like you are missing the key step of importing the structure and data to the database.

Dragonmom
10-17-2003, 08:05 PM
nooo, I did, I swear!
Should I empty the db and try the query again?
I am a woodturner, you know- not *really* a code-type person... I picked up HTML, and if I go back to the help sites regularly, I can do okay. PHP- well, I can recognise where the php code stops and html begins, and maybe a tiney bit more than that. the databse, I can't really understand it at all. I think I'm too old to learn any new languages!

Dragonmom
10-28-2003, 08:56 AM
Back again, with the same error.
I looked through all the sql files that came with MAX, and I can't find the table 'products_groups' anywhere. Can someone shoot me the query to build this table? I 'll keep looking, meanwhile...

michael_s
10-28-2003, 09:51 AM
Are you using MS2-MAX v1.5.2? You are missing something big, because the database install is completely automated, and works every time for me (well over 300 installs now).

Anonymous
10-28-2003, 02:46 PM
Are you using MS2-MAX v1.5.2? You are missing something big, because the database install is completely automated, and works every time for me (well over 300 installs now).
yep, that's the version.

That second error, of course was mine own, where I missed a semi-colon. The table that's supposed ot be missing is right there where I can see it- It wasn't in database_tables.php, so I listed it. Didn't change a thing. I dropped that table by itself and re-entered the query. No change...

Dragonmom
10-28-2003, 09:58 PM
WHy wasn't I logged in???
Well, i went back, took a look at what version I had installed and it was th eolder version. Sinci i hadn't gone very far with customising, and my client hadn't loaded any product yet, I simply deleted the whole catalog directory and reloaded it, and it works fine now... I simply rplaced the css and some of the language files from a backup, and it's good as new.
But I still don't know why it happened or what.