PDA

View Full Version : Flat rate shipping set to $30, shows up in paypal as $10?

osc snob
01-26-2008, 10:35 AM
The title says it all.

D.

osc snob
01-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Okay so here is the fix.

If you have a default shipping rate schedule/matrix setup in your paypal account it will override the shipping calc. in oscmax cart. You need to smash the button as described below:

Thanks to me for posting the answer to my own question.

Rant on -- Good G-- with all the forum plowing. The search needs help M. Shorten the minimum search character requirement to 3 so we can search things like ccv or ssl. All you posters put your exact problem or symptom(s) in the subject. "I Need help" doesn't help anyone find things. – Rant off

"Think I solved it! If you go into 'shipping' calculations' section in your paypal profile, there is a tick box at the button of the page that says;
Click here to allow transaction-based shipping values to override the profile shipping settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled).
- this will turn off the paypal shipping option, you should still get shipping details sent to your admin/orders as these are collected on your site anyway. It basically just stops the customer from having to fill these details out twice!
However as you are having problems passing the shipping charges over to paypal, I suggest you look at the 'shipping module in admin' if you haven't checked that already. Shipping should normally be added to the final total, hence it is this that passes to paypal."

michael_s
01-26-2008, 08:46 PM
RE searches: the google quick search option (in the search dropdown box at the top of every page) already supports 3 word searches. It uses google's engine, so if you know how to google...

Next, I had to modify the mysql settings and re-index the tables as we recently started using mySQL's FULLTEXT searches. But mysql defaults to 4 characters. I did not know that. It has been reset to 3. Try it :)