PDA

View Full Version : Hmm, perhaps I should take a minute...

Asgoroth
01-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Just sort of noticed this forums and thought to myself, hmm, perhaps I should spend a bit of time and do an intraduction. I went looking for my sign in date and low and behold, it was over 3 years back (Nov 2004). Well, a bit about myself.

My name is Bryan. I live in Georgia and my day job is with the Georgia Army National Guard (AGR / Full Time). I had been using OSCommerce for some time before looking at OSCMax.

I looked into a replacement for the stock OSCommerce in November of 2004 as I was about to be deployed to Iraq. I needed something that was a bit more complete and was getting tired of the constant Cut/Paste/Hack/Hair Pulling of prepairing a new install of the core software. OSCMax was just the ticket for us. The only serious problem (AND STILL IS) is the lack of a TEXT INPUT attribute. As I was saying, I was deployed for iraq from Jan 2005 until May 2006. Since my return home I have been tinkering with our site off and on.

I have a fairly deep background with PC's and DOS/Windows. My programing background is much more limited with a brief bit of 'C' game programing for MajorBBS (Galacticom) and WAY back with BASIC. Cracking into PHP was like blowing the dust off an old book. I butchered Customer Testiomonials v1.2 and v1.3 (I am not a good coder and the word HACK is the best wording for it.)

The site I have lost much hair over and still feel is lack can be seen at www.pettents.org

I would like to say thank you to the group here as a whole for being helpful even if you did not know it.

MindTwist
01-07-2008, 12:39 PM
LOL, I actually remember MajorBBS... I would say it was one of the first BBS softwares to offer good multinode support. You could chat with someone else besides the sysop!