PDA

View Full Version : Shipping address not passed through IPN to Paypal?

endpaper
01-04-2008, 10:50 AM
I've searched for the answer, but I can't seem to find it. I've got the IPN live on my developing site and it is processing payments nicely. However, when I go into my PayPal account to look at the transaction, the shipping address is blank. I'd like to be able to click and ship out of my PayPal account automatically, but I can't because my store is not sending the shipping address with the transaction, meaning I have to manually input the address to make my shipping labels.

I hope my long post has a short answer!

michael_s
01-04-2008, 11:40 AM
I believe this is a issue in the paypal IPN mod version. If you upgrade to the IPN version 2.3 or higher, I think the shipping issue is fixed.

osCommerce: osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2 (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679)

endpaper
01-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Thank you very, very much. You made my headache go away.

If anyone else had this problem, follow these steps to solve it. No SQL or coding involved!

1. Uninstall PayPal IPN mod in your admin panel.
2. Download latest build of PayPal IPN contribution.
3. Simply overwrite the old files with the new files.
4. Reinstall PayPal IPN mod in your admin panel.
5. Profit.

kerryanne
09-09-2008, 03:38 AM
Can i assume that you would update OSMax when you find these bugs? or should we still update the files ourself even if we have downloaded the newest version of osmax?

michael_s
09-09-2008, 08:49 AM
No, we do not update osCMax every time there is an issue with one of the mods, do not assume that.

This is fixed in the upcoming RC4 release, but not in the current RC3.0.1 package. If you get RC4 from the SVN repository, yes you have the fixed version. If you download RC3.0.1 from this site, you do not have the fixed version.

idllc
12-08-2008, 11:04 AM
We just installed a fresh copy of RC4 and this issue seems to still exist. This is what paypal shows including the reason its such a big deal.
Shipping Address:
No Address Provided

Payments without a shipping address are not covered by PayPal's seller protection policies and programs. Learn More (https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/general/Protections)
Are we still missing something? Thanks

Edit-Just to verify that we did not have a setting off in admin or in paypal we installed cre with the same inclusions for the options of paypal in admin and it worked correctly. If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful.

michael_s
12-09-2008, 11:29 AM
We just installed a fresh copy of RC4 and this issue seems to still exist. This is what paypal shows including the reason its such a big deal.
Shipping Address:
No Address Provided

Payments without a shipping address are not covered by PayPal's seller protection policies and programs. Learn More (https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/general/Protections)
Are we still missing something? Thanks

Edit-Just to verify that we did not have a setting off in admin or in paypal we installed cre with the same inclusions for the options of paypal in admin and it worked correctly. If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful.

Which paypal module are you using specifically, as there are 6 different paypal modules in RC4. It would help to know which one is causing you problems.

Using the PayPal Website Payments Standard and Credit/Debit Card (via PayPal) in RC4, I cannot reproduce the issue, and the shipping address is properly set at paypal.

idllc
12-09-2008, 11:44 AM
6? We obtained rc6 from SVN repository and installed it. Under configuration I see one paypal IPN Module under payment modules.
Credit Card Via Authorize.net
Credit Card
Cash on Delivery
EFSNet
The WebMakers Corner FREE CHARGE CARD
GeoTrust QuickPayments
iPayment
Linkpoint Credit Card
Check/Money Order
NOCHEX
Credit card (Paybox)
PayPal (Credit Card / Debit) 0 http://demodemo.ws/glowcorals/admin/images/icon_arrow_right.gif
2CheckOut
PSiGate
SECPay
I don't see the other 5 modulres for paypal.
Here are my settings:
PayPal IPN
Enable PayPal IPN Module
True

Move tax to total amount
True

E-Mail Address
sales@siteshrine.com

Transaction Currency
Selected Currency

Payment Zone
--none--

Set Preparing Order Status
Processing

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status
Processing

Gateway Server
Live

Transaction Type
Per Item

Page Style

Debug E-Mail Address

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments
False

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location
/usr/bin/openssl
Thanks

michael_s
12-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Under configuration I see one paypal IPN Module under payment modules.

Then you did not check-out RC4 from SVN, but checked out RC3.0.2, so of course you will still have the same problem.

You either have to get the RC4 release from the SVN or update your IPN module to 2.3.3+

idllc
12-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Ok I thought I followed the instructions from another post for RC4. I will look again. However, I did download and install Paypal IPN 2.3.3 prior to even looking at RC4. That is what is installed on my clients account.

From the admin

PayPal IPN v2.3.3
Enable PayPal IPN Module
True

Gateway Server
Live

E-Mail Address
EDITED FOR PRIVACY

Sort order of display.

Transaction Currency
Selected Currency

Payment Zone
--none--

Set Preparing Order Status
Processing

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status
Processing

Set PayPal Completed Order Status
Processing

Transaction Type
Per Item

Move tax to total amount
True

Page Style

Debug E-Mail Address

cURL Proxy server

Enable Encrypted Web Payments
False

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location
/usr/bin/openssl

We are going to go through the process again because we do not see anything we missed. Thanks