PDA

View Full Version : Featured Products

Stu
10-06-2003, 04:40 PM
Hi,

I've installed MAX 1.5 and it seems to be working great. I'm still getting used to the template structure and I'm thinking that's where my problem is. I'm trying to install Featured Products v1.3http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,651 and I've got everything uploaded and installed. The install instructions are a bit outdated but I set it up the same way I did under OSC MS2. In any event, my problem is that it's not showing up in the admin panel for me to turn on some featured products. The line in question is in admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php:

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_FEATURED, BOX_CATALOG_FEATURED) .

Under the old MS2, it was:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FEATURED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_FEATURED . '</a><br>' .

I've not added something to the admin panel in MAX before and I'm hoping there is something stupid I'm missing. Both the filename_featured and box_catalog_featured are defined and point to real files, it just doesn't show up in the admin. Is there anything special I need to do to get the admin panel to see the extra link? Maybe caching somewhere? Thanks!

Stu

Anonymous
10-06-2003, 05:57 PM
I think you need to go to admin/administrator/file access and make it available

Anonymous
10-07-2003, 06:35 AM
That was it - thanks!!

Stu

operadivamommy
09-13-2004, 06:42 PM
This was a great help to me also. THANK YOU!!!

Laura