PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Member

mikstang
12-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Hey all.... I'm new here, and it already looks like a good place :p. The reason I'm here is because I have an eBay store and I'm tired of paying all of the related fees:mad:, so I would like to open a Webstore. I am set on using opensource. I am still in the decision making phase as to which solution to use. Help from any member here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

MindTwist
12-02-2007, 02:45 AM
Welcome aboard. I am also an ebay seller, and I ended up opening my store with OSCMAX, now I mainly sell auctions on ebay, and the fixed price things outside of ebay...

mikstang
12-02-2007, 07:45 AM
Thank you for the welcome. Selling fixed price items outside of eBay is the sort of thing I was thinking of doing also. I have not researched eBay's policy on promoting your own "non eBay" store in you auctions yet. I essentially want to use eBay to drive traffic to my web store off eBay. And through eBay affilliate program recoup some of my money by driving traffic from my store to my auctions on eBay. Have you use the store feed module for getting your stuff on Google Base? I've been reading alot and I have lots of questions. Anyway I've rambled enough... Thanks, Hope to see you on the other side.

MindTwist
12-02-2007, 09:13 AM
I am from Spain, so for now I do not care about Google Base, Google Checkout, and others things like that, they are not available to me.

You can not directly point to your store on your auctions, but you have ways to do it indirectly. Watermark with your URL on your pictures, ebay user name that reminds you of an URL, your own store on all emails/signtatures
you exchange with other ebayers, etc.

mikstang
12-02-2007, 03:24 PM
OK... That gives me some ideas. Thanks