PDA

View Full Version : Individual Product Shipping doesn't play nice

simong
11-30-2007, 06:10 AM
I've been fighting to get indvship working for about a week now and my only conclusion is that it doesn't act like a standard module. There shouldn't be any need to put any code anywhere other than the module, and I strongly believe that modified code in checkout_shipping.php is causing the correct action to fail. I am currently looking at the code in order to make it work properly and will be posting this on forums.oscommerce.com as well. If anyone else feels like dusting off their PHP skills and trying to make this module work properly, don't hesitate to have a go, but at the moment I think it's reasonable to say that Individual Product Shipping does not co-operate with other shipping modules.

michael_s
11-30-2007, 10:27 AM
I have never had a problem with it working correctly. Perhaps you could detail the problem you are having more clearly.

simong
11-30-2007, 12:22 PM
I've just realised that I haven't explained the problem. I have installed indvship for a client and it works on its own. He sets an individual price and a multiple price for each item and that is calculated correctly. However, he also has a requirement for European shipping, for which he has four zones and two weight bands. Zone rates would seem to be the best option for this, so I have activated that and set up some rates. I have created a user with an address in the Netherlands, and when I create an order using that address, no shipping cost appears at all, not even 0.00. I need zone rates to work with indvship, or I need a way to extend indvship so that I can define additional zones. I have read the documentation and tried a couple of the fixes suggested (enabling free shipping seemed to have potential, but made no difference) and looking for answers only produces more people with the same problem. The documentation suggests that it works with Canada Post but if that's a standard module I can't see why it shouldn't work with others. It's a frustrating thing as it's last thing I need for my client to go live.