PDA

View Full Version : PayPal IPN and affiliate

CookieMonster
10-05-2003, 03:36 AM
Hi, I love this program because it includes all the features that I want. Thanks to AABox for sharing this great program with us! I have 2 quick questions regarding v1.5.

1) May I ask if we can disable certain features like PayPal IPN via the admin panel?

2) May I also ask for the affiliate feature, can we set up such that the affiliate can receive store credits only instead of money payment?

Thanks in advance.

michael_s
10-05-2003, 12:41 PM
1. You can disable any of the payment/shipping modules easily in the administration. Just click the 'Remove' button :)

2. Right now, the affiliate program does not offer automated store credit. You can change your terms to say that only store credit is offered, then manually create gift vouchers for your affiliates on thier commissions.

Anonymous
10-05-2003, 01:59 PM
Thanks Michael! I am so glad that I found MS2-MAX because I think this is the best! :)

Anonymous
10-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Michael, may I ask you one quick question? Most of the products that I plan to sell on my site don't have the product images and also because of the fact that I will have to list many products under each category, so in my case it's better to list the product in the traditional way (instead of list them in 3 columns or otherwise the customers will take longer time to find the product that they're looking for in the product list.) May I ask if I want to list the products in the traditional way (rows), can I remove product_listing.zip from MS2-MAX v1.5 before I upload MS2-MAX v1.5 to the site? Thanks very much for your time!

CookieMonster
10-05-2003, 02:18 PM
Oops, sorry I forgot to login first before I post my replies (the two replies) above.

I meant if I want to list the products in the traditional way (rows), can I remove product_listing.php (under "contributions" folder) from MS2-MAX v1.5 before I upload MS2-MAX v1.5 to the site? Thanks very much! :)

michael_s
10-05-2003, 02:24 PM
The easy way to do it should be to rename the product_listing_col.php to old_product_listing_col.php and then rename product_listing.php to product_listing_col.php. You cannot just delete the product_listing.php file. That is the one that lists them in rows. product_listing_col.php lists them in columns.

Anonymous
10-05-2003, 02:54 PM
HI Michael, thanks very much for your prompt reply. I cannot find product_listing_col.php and old_product_listing_col.php but I can find product_listing.php under "contributions", may I ask if you can inform me where I can find product_listing_col.php and old_product_listing_col.php? Thanks alot! :)

michael_s
10-05-2003, 11:07 PM
There is no file named old_product_listing_col.php, you must rename product_listing_col.php to old_product_listing_col.php, then rename product_listing.php to product_listing_col.php.

They are located /catalog/includes/modules

Anonymous
10-06-2003, 12:47 PM
Hi Michael, thanks very much for your help! It works beautifully!

michael_s
10-06-2003, 02:14 PM
Of course! ;)

Anonymous
10-08-2003, 08:18 PM
Yes, this did work great! I had to complete one additional step. The search function uses product_listing.php . After renaming the files as described above, I copied the product-listing.php back into catalog/includes/modules

Anne

CookieMonster
10-10-2003, 01:25 PM
Hi Anne, do u have any error message after you did that? I got the error message so what I finally go to advanced_search_result.tpl.php and change this line (around line 189)

require(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING);

to

require(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING_COL);

and it works now.

annea03
10-22-2003, 04:04 PM
CookieMonster -- sorry, I just noticed your question. I didn't have that problem. I wonder why. Thanks for posting your fix though. Just in case..

Anne

Anonymous
10-22-2003, 07:54 PM
Hi Anne, no thanks. I hope yours is working great! Thanks to Michael again for sharing this great program with us. It's great that he includes the individual shipping module which is one of the most useful modules in my humble opinion. :)

CookieMonster -- sorry, I just noticed your question. I didn't have that problem. I wonder why. Thanks for posting your fix though. Just in case..

Anne