PDA

View Full Version : Category and Subcategory Display Problem

nrvtoday
10-04-2003, 08:39 PM
I've got a site built with OSC-MS2 that I recently upgraded to the MS2-Max, but I had this problem before I upgraded, so I assume it's something to adjust in MS2. Some of my categories have subcategories in them that won't display when you click on the category name/link. I don't know if we did something amiss in the process of creating the categories originally and moving items and folders around in admin, or if this is a bug in MS2. If you visit the site at http://vakits.com you will be able to see it readily.

Click on Passive Kits and you go to a page with the header Categories, but click on the Active Kits link and you go to a page headed "Our Product Line" (used to be "Let's See What We Have Here" but we changed it) so it appears that we're routing to two separate functions. The problem is that even though there are several subcategories, the page says there are no products to display. Naturally, that is going to impact sales.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've had this problem with another OSC cart as well.

motorbelly
10-11-2003, 05:46 PM
I'm a relative newbie to this too, but this is familiar.

I have a shop for a book-cd seller and the books displayed OK but the cd's had two items in the top folder along with one folder and only the two cd's display.

My guess is the top folder must have nothing but more folders in it. I'm trying this now...

motorbelly
10-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Just moved my items to a new sub-folder and now the display is correct.

Works for me. :)