PDA

View Full Version : PayPal IPN E-mail order total

kmcmurtry
11-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Ok I spent the entire day repairing my store after the PHP 5.0 server upgrade and have almost everyting working again. I'm finished tearing my hair out over the one important issue I'm still having. I had to install paypal_ipn.php,v 1.3.0.0 2006/06/22 after having the line 521 issue with the IPN included with RC3. Everything works great with the exception of the e-mail the IPN sends. If a coupon is applied to the order the total is right at PayPal, the shop Admin, and the customer order history. However the e-mail sent to the customer shows the price of the item without the coupon. I have several customers that will scream about this without looking at the receipt or history. Any help would be truly appreciated. I'm sure I'm missing some little line in the IPN file that sends the message, but sure can't find it. Also the order total is correct in the e-mail sent by all other modules.

Thanks!!
Kim
KMD-EmbShop : Welcome to K McMurtry Design Embroidery Shop (http://kmdshop.com)

MindTwist
11-16-2007, 08:13 AM
When an order is paid with paypal_ipn, the email is sent from /includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php.

You should check it out and compare it with /checkout_process.php which is from where the order emails are usually sent. Since you have upgraded the paypal_ipn module the emails it is sending will be the default OSC emails, which of course will not have any code to add discounts/coupons or anything else like that.

It shouldn't be too hard comparing with how /checkout_process.php send the email.

kmcmurtry
11-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I have looked over the e-mail section of both files and they are the same. I know the IPN file sends the message and that is where my problem is. Upon closer inspection of the e-mails, I did discover something. The PayPal message only contains the product description and price. The other modules contain the order total right below that, but the PayPal messages do not. The code in the IPN file shows that line should be there. I'm not using the standard OSC module, I'm using the one provided by Mushroom to solve the Line 521 error. Any suggestions or help would so be appreciated.

Thanks!
Kim