PDA

View Full Version : meta tag documentation for Max

foofoo
09-29-2003, 09:16 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can point me to some documentation on the meta tag.php that's been added to Max. There doesn't seem to be any instruction on it in the readme files.

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

annea03
09-30-2003, 03:33 AM
If you've already chcked the read-me file, you might try searching over at the oscforum for additional info.

Anne

Anonymous
09-30-2003, 08:40 AM
Thanks Anne but this is Max. They don't have meta_tags.php in OSC.

cheers
still looking!!!

jpf
09-30-2003, 08:57 AM
If you post the question as "Dynamic Meta-tags Question" (this is the item/contribution in question) in the CONTRIBUTION area... It will be allowed. As long as MAX is not spelled out too large and NO LINK to this site is posted.

michael_s
09-30-2003, 09:11 AM
Or do a search there on BTS or dynamic meta tags over there. But lately that forum has been down more than up. Invision seems to crash daily over there. They should really upgrade and use vBulletin !

BTS and meta tags are a mod that is allowed to be discussed, so if the osC forum is running, give it a search. How do you think I found out about it to add to MS2-MAX ?

mike_steinhoff
10-28-2003, 10:26 AM
The question still goes unanswered. i looked at the meta_tags.php in /catalog/includes. That file states : See the install docs for instructions.

In the contributions folder I look at BTS1.0.zip there is a install.txt. This file contains no information on how to properly edit the meta_tags.php.

This is all it says :

Also included in this version is a meta tags optimizer. This optimizer can be customized to your needs or can be left as is. The file used for this is includes/meta_tags.php and is plug-and-play on install.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

warrenthewindmill
10-28-2003, 09:19 PM
I've just checked the readme.txt attached to this contribution (downloaded from oscommerce) which says:

USE OF HEADER TAGS GENERATOR

How you want each page to handle the Header Tags is defined in /includes/header_tags.php

What definitions you want used with each page is defined in /includes/languages/english/header_tags.php

You can modify which pages use what by looking at the samples setup in these two files.

Be careful if editing or changing /catalog/includes/header_tags.php and watch for == vs !=

NOTE:
HTTA - means Header Tag Title All
HTKA - means Header Tag Keywords All
HTDA - means Header Tag Description All

Maybe I am missing something obvious but I don't see /includes/languages/english/header_tags.php in my installation of Max 1.5
Why not?

michael_s
10-28-2003, 11:56 PM
warrenthewindmill, MS2-MAX uses meta_tags contribution that is included with BTS, not the header_tags contribution. That is why you cant find the files. They are not there.

You edit /includes/meta_tags.php

THere are no real docs for this contrib. It is pretty easy to figure out though, just move a few of the variables around and you will see what they do...