PDA

View Full Version : Red Hat Linux 9 - No Images/No Admin

maxwelltl
09-29-2003, 11:32 AM
RH 9/Apache 2, new install everything went fine.

Able to access /catalog/index.php fine but no images show.

Unable to access /catalog/admin/index.php, can't find the file although it is there.

It must be a Linux setup problem but I haven't a clue as to what it might be. If there are any Linux gurus out there I'd appreciate some direction in which to start looking.

michael_s
09-29-2003, 04:55 PM
Check to make sure you have the correct path in your configure.php file. Many times, that is the culprit.

maxwelltl
09-29-2003, 09:31 PM
Interesting! I have just loaded it on a WinXP machine along with apache/mysql/php and am getting the same results. Perhaps it has to do with my PHP installation??? When I look into the Apache error log, I see all kind of error messages similar to this one:

[client 192.168.1.52] PHP Warning: main(/catalog/includes/filenames.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\includes\application_top .php on line 53
[client 192.168.1.52] PHP Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/catalog/includes/filenames.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\includes\application_top .php on line 53

So it looks like the path to filenames.php is getting hammered, although the path shown looks correct. I have no clue what the "c:\php4\pear" is doing in there. I don't even have that directory on my system.

I did a standard installation with no errors and my configure.php file looks like this:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://localhost'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'localhost');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');
define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');
define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

I don't know for sure, but I am concerned with the DIR_WS_INCLUDES definition. It seems to me that it should be the concatination of WS_HTTP_CATALOG . 'includes/'

Any other thoughts?

maxwelltl
09-29-2003, 10:20 PM
More info. I don't believe it is OSC. Everything works as expected when I access the catalog from my local machine localhost/catalog/index.php but it doesn't work when I access it from on the LAN. This must have something to do with the way I have the permissions set up. Now I am not sure where to look. What is the difference between the way the local host accesses the files and a remote user accesses the files?

maxwelltl
09-29-2003, 11:18 PM
My apologies, the errors listed above were created when I went in and changed the configure.php file. Sorry. I have put it back the way it was and I am no longer getting the errors in the apache log. However, the catalog is still not working properly.

Interestingly I am getting the same problem on Linux and Windows. So what has changed or what are the similarities? I have upgraded to the latest release or apache 2.0.47 and the latest release of PHP 4.3.3. There is a difference in the way one of these packages is handling paths. As I said it works fine from the local machine, but when I access across the network it fails to access anything below the /catalog directory. In addition to the images not working, I get a 404 error when I try to go any deeper than the top page. Interestingly, when the error occurs I get a message saying the

file "(http://192.168.1.54/catalog/index.php/catalog/index.php?osCsid=099b084b22f2fb205a8bedbd04bddae5)" doesn't exist.

Notice the double concatination of the of the path???

michael_s
09-29-2003, 11:40 PM
Try using the IP instead of 'localhost' in your configure.php . Sometimes that will cause a problem.

maxwelltl
09-30-2003, 06:49 AM
Thank-you kind sir! That was it.

For everyone's benefit. Be sure that you put the ip address of the system and not 'local' in the configuration file.

If OSC comes up but doesn't show the images, check this out!

Thank-you kind sir! I appreciate your patience with this newbie and his newbie type questions!