PDA

View Full Version : PayPal IPN Error

proton318
09-25-2003, 05:51 PM
I'm back for more. :wink:

In the admin section when I try to view transactions under PayPal IPN, this error appears:

Warning: session_start(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in /usr/home/grapefish/www.grapefish.com/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /usr/home/grapefish/www.grapefish.com/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /usr/home/grapefish/www.grapefish.com/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/grapefish/www.grapefish.com/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /usr/home/grapefish/www.grapefish.com/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 86

Warning: Unknown(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

When I try to run a test transaction, this error appears (it's actually the same error):

Warning: session_start(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in /usr/home/grapefish/www.grapefish.com/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /usr/home/grapefish/www.grapefish.com/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /usr/home/grapefish/www.grapefish.com/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/grapefish/www.grapefish.com/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /usr/home/grapefish/www.grapefish.com/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 86

Warning: Unknown(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

What have I done wrong now? :oops:
-Steve

Anonymous
09-25-2003, 07:46 PM
Go to /catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php and after the last > put your cursor there and hit delete and then save

proton318
09-26-2003, 04:56 AM
Okay, I did as instructed. I went to catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php and at the very last line in the file (line 142) I removed all empty spaces after the last ">" -- hit save and uploaded the file ... I am still getting the same series of errors.

Any other ideas?

-Steve :(

Anonymous
09-26-2003, 05:22 AM
Then you must still have a white space...possibly the front of the file. That is what causes the headers error

proton318
09-26-2003, 05:43 AM
I have checked for white space again ... both at the begining of the file and the end ... nothing is there, but I am still getting the errors. I have attached a copy of the session.php file (to save space posting the entire 142 line script). Because of file restrictions, I had to post it in plain txt format instead of php format, but it should be exactly the same. Maybe someone can see something I am missing.

Again, thanks in advance!
-Steve

michael_s
09-26-2003, 08:13 AM
I think the real problem is the first part of the error:

You are having session problems. Try changing your session settings in the admin. Try 'force cookiies' to 'true' Also, check to make sure your PHP is set up to use sessions correctly. Check with your host.

DMG
09-27-2003, 04:58 AM
I have shared SSL and can not get transactions or testing to work either. But it does work on my site with no SSL. I get a different error message

1062 - Duplicate entry '4627ada9975fbdfe943dca0e07f6a9d6' for key 1

insert into sessions values ('4627ada9975fbdfe943dca0e07f6a9d6?action=view', '1063744908', 'language|s:7:\"english\";languages_id|s:1:\"1\";selected_box|s:13:\"configuration\";')

[TEP STOP]

I emailed the author of the cntrib and he replied.

Hi Mark

Thats an error with session on some servers with shared ssl
Will be fixed soon

Pablo Pasqualino
Mar del Plata, Argentina

proton318
09-29-2003, 09:39 AM
Still having problems with the PayPal IPN. Could this be a bug?

My sessions are set as the following:
Force Cookie Use = True
Check SSL Session ID = False
Check User Agent = False
Check IP Address = False
Prevent Spider Sessions = True
Recreate Sessioons = True

My PHP Version is 4.3.2

michael_s
09-29-2003, 04:52 PM
I cannot duplicate it. Paypal IPN works fine on my servers, so if it is a bug it is specific to your setup.