PDA

View Full Version : Missing options

Benedetti
09-25-2003, 04:26 PM
Hello everyone,

I have installed OsCommerce via CPanel and the version that I have is Preview Release 2.2-CVS, which I don't know if it is good or bad. Anyway, the problem that I have found up until now is that in the section My Store I don't have the following options: Store Address and Phone, Show Category Counts, Tax Decimal Places and Display Prices with Tax.

Can anyone tell me what should I do and how? Thank you.

jpf
09-27-2003, 05:01 PM
Download MS2 MAX or SEC (both have OSC MS2 plus MANY great and useful mods) and unzip it in a temp directory

Download via FTP your old files (you will need the two configure.php files)

Upload the files as per the instructions then open in you browser www.yoursite.com\catalog\install\ and follow the instructions (many answers will be found in your OLD configure.php file)

Make sure you chose new install... and IMPORT the new SQL file.

Go to your admin panel (which now has a login screen) and make any changes.

Good Luck!

Benedetti
09-30-2003, 10:43 AM
Thank you very much.

I've followed your advise and I have installed Max 1.5. And, I must say, it's been a lot easier that I expected. :lol:

Well, the only problem now is that while I can change the categories and products in my catalog, the changes that I make in the php files are not reflected. Anyone, please?

Benedetti
09-30-2003, 10:57 AM
Wait a sec... Now I have realised that actually I can change php files. The one that up until now I have not been able to change is the header.

michael_s
09-30-2003, 02:35 PM
header.php is not used in ms2-max...mostly ;)

Use /templates/main_page.tpl.php

Benedetti
10-01-2003, 05:55 AM
Okay, thank you. But I don't understand why then a header.php does exist... Anyway, now I am having another problem. I have modified the save file in the admin, only to change the logo, and the layout of the site is suddenly all wrong. I am wondering if the installation went corrupted, since I am having other weird problems as well, like here (http://www.oscdox.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1089).

michael_s
10-01-2003, 10:44 AM
Benedetti,

But I don't understand why then a header.php does exist

Because that is the original file used in MS2, and is left in the package for reference.

Ad for your other troubles, just looks like simple syntax errors in html and php.