PDA

View Full Version : Edit middle of index.php??

Anonymous
09-25-2003, 12:22 PM
Hello all, I have a group of questions ... simple as they may seem. I'd love to edit the middle part of the index page, but for some reason my brain isn't functioning today and I can't find the correct places to do the following things:

1) Completely remove the HEADING_TITLE (What's new here?) Actually I wouldn't mind removing the HEADING_TITLE from every page.
2) Completely remove the line: Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?
3) Edit the file(s) for the SPECIALS BOX so that I can remove the strike-through price (so that just the red price remains) and change the heading from "Specials For September" to "Featured Products." (I was able to remove the strike-through price in the right column Specials Box, but not the middle column.)
4) Completely remove the New Products for September box from under the Specials Box.

I know that this is probably very simple, but so far I can't find the correct files.

Thanks in advance!!

Anonymous
09-25-2003, 05:22 PM
Most of that you can do in catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php
The New products box is removed by going to catalog/templates/content/index_default.tpl.php and look for this line
<tr>
<td><br><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

and change it to look like this

<tr>
<td><br><?php //include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

proton318
09-29-2003, 09:15 AM
Hey all ... I am still looking for specific information on how to change these things ...

1) Completely remove the HEADING_TITLE (What's new here?) Actually I wouldn't mind removing the HEADING_TITLE from every page.

When I comment out the PHP line in the English file ... this appears at the top of the main screen:

HEADING_TITLE

... and ...

2) Completely remove the line: Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?

... and the file that controls the Specials Box that appears in the middle of the index page ... NOT the Specials Box in the right column ...

3) Edit the file(s) for the SPECIALS BOX so that I can remove the strike-through price (so that just the red price remains) and change the heading from "Specials For September" to "Featured Products." (I was able to remove the strike-through price in the right column Specials Box, but not the middle column.)

Please be as specific as possible with your descriptions when responding. Thanks in advance.

-Steve

DMG
09-29-2003, 11:45 AM
1) Edit catalog/templates/content/" index_default.tpl.php, index_nested.tpl.php, index_products.tpl.php," files. Look for this part of the file and comment out "echo HEADING-TITLE;" and to remove the image comment out "echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . . . . "

The index_products_tpl.php is a little different but you will be able to figure it out.

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td class="pageHeading">
<?php
if ( (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true') && (tep_not_null($category['categories_heading_title' ])) ) {
echo $category['categories_heading_title'];
} else {
// echo HEADING_TITLE;
}
?>
</td>
<td class="pageHeading" align="right">
<?php // echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?>

</td>
</tr>
</table></td>

2) In the same files find . .

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>

and chsnge to

<td class="main"><?php // echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>

3) Edit this in file /catalog/includes/modules/default_specials.php

Disclaimer

MAKE A BACKUP OF THES FILES FIRST. I am by no means an expert at oscommerce.

Good luck!
Mark