PDA

View Full Version : Register Globals

4bgjnsn
09-25-2003, 12:04 PM
I just wanted to know why this project is being developed with register globals on. I personally turn this off and will never enable it on my server.
Also the docs say minimum of php 4.2.1 when in the code it seems to work with php 3 by using some custom functions to handle earlier versons.

Just some thoughts! :?

michael_s
09-25-2003, 01:06 PM
4bgjnsn, This is not the official osCommerce site, so I cannot tell you for sure why it was developed with register globals on. It is probably being addressed by the osCommerce development team. All we do here is document what they have created, and work on a customized version of their core code called MS2-MAX.

Also the docs say minimum of php 4.2.1 when in the code it seems to work with php 3 by using some custom functions to handle earlier versons.

You can try to run it on older versions of PHP, but the recommendation is made based on experience working with osCommerce. It just doesnt like older versions of PHP.

4bgjnsn
09-25-2003, 01:20 PM
msasek, Thanks, I will address this to them.
Like you said, I'm sure it has been addressed more than once. I was setting up the original 2.2 for register globals off until I found your mod, so time to start over! :)

Thanks.