PDA

View Full Version : PayPal Requiring Me To Accept Payment

cabobrian
10-06-2007, 08:30 PM
My old website used an older version of osCommerce and the standard PayPal module. When someone paid with PayPal, the payment was automatically accepted and the money was in my PayPal account.

Now, I've completely re-done my website with the latest version of oscMax and am using the PayPal IPN module. Now when a customer pays with PayPal, I am required to log in to PayPal and "Accept" the payment. Is there any reason the PayPal IPN module requires this? Is there any way to turn it off? Is it a setting in my PayPal account?

Thanks!!!

Brian

michael_s
10-06-2007, 09:02 PM
This happens because of the settings in your paypal account, not osCMax. You need to set up your paypal account to allow auto-accepting of payment types. Refer to the paypal documentation at paypal.com

cabobrian
10-06-2007, 09:23 PM
We haven't made any changes to our PayPal account. I've looked through all my PayPal settings and don't see anything for auto-accept. I searched their help and it didn't come up with anything about auto-accept.

Does anyone know where in PayPal this setting is?

Thanks!!!!!

Brian

cabobrian
10-06-2007, 09:27 PM
The only thing I can think of is that our PayPal account is set to "Ask Me" for payments from customer who do not provide a verified shipping address.

Did the old PayPal module send the shipping address and the PayPal IPN does not? When I look at the transaction in PayPal, most of the time there isn't a shipping address.

Thanks,

Brian

cabobrian
10-06-2007, 09:36 PM
I've verified that an order using the old PayPal module contained a shipping address. But an order from the same customer and email address using the PayPal IPN module did not include a shipping address, therefore requiring use to accept the payment.