PDA

View Full Version : 1 Problem, 1 Question on included mod

Anonymous
09-24-2003, 12:12 PM
Hey all,
I just got the install completed without a hitch. However I have one problem. When checking out the Template Mod, following the readme file it says to go to: catalog/templates/main_page.tpl.php

However when I go there I get these errors:
Warning: main(DIR_WS_INCLUDESmeta_tags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/domain/public_html/catalog/templates/main_page.tpl.php on line 5

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_INCLUDESmeta_tags.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/domain/public_html/catalog/templates/main_page.tpl.php on line 5

Anyone point me to what I need to correct?

ALso I noticed the category description MOD doesn't always show the description. I am assuming there is a way to turn it on/off by category... am I correct? If so how/where, and if not I guess it's a bug in the mod.

Any suggestions? :?:

michael_s
09-24-2003, 01:31 PM
Guest, Don't go to the template file in your browser. It cannot be addressed directly. To access your store go to index.php in your browser. To edit the file you need to edit the file /catalog/templates/main_page.php. Either FTP to that dir and download it and edit, or SSH to the above file and edit it with your favorite linux editor...

You have to add descriptions to your categories when you make them. The test data only has it in a few of the categories.

knipper
09-25-2003, 07:21 AM
Thanks msasek,
(I have now registered to this site)
I got the template. Thanks for the clarification. However the Descriptions are still not working. I attempted to add descriptions to a few of the sample items. It still does not show. I then created a new category, and items, and no show on the new category description.

If I change an existing category description you can see the change. Sooooo....

It seems on the sample items that had descriptions... they show and will change, but if you add a description to something that didn't have one, or create a new category it (the description) doesn't show up. Heading info shows fine, and always changes.

Anyone else have this symptom? Or can you replicate on a new install?

michael_s
09-25-2003, 07:49 AM
knipper, I see it too... I must have overwritten my the mod somewhere along the line. I am working on a fix.

michael_s
09-25-2003, 10:51 PM
knipper, I just posted a bugfix for this. See this post:

http://oscdox.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=3645#3645