PDA

View Full Version : Application Hangs During Account Creation Submit

maxwelltl
09-24-2003, 06:21 AM
I am having problems on my local development host where whenever I create a user account or an admin account, the system seems to hang forever. The status bar starts incrementing at the bottom of my browser but then stalls about 1/3 of the way across. If I click the back button and then go in and look at the accounts, the account did get created and all of the information is there.

I believe the issue is being caused by OSC's inability to send the confirmation emails. I believe OSC is trying to send the confirmation emails but can't, probably because of a configuration issue on my local machine.

Questions:

1) Does it sound like I am on the right track?

2) Can someone point me in the right direction to start looking? Is this possibly the way I have Apache set up and configured on my local host or is it possibly something in OSC?

Please note that I am a hack when it comes to Apache server. I have no clue how to go about implementing email on it. If it didn't happen during the default installation, then it didn't get done.

Thanks!

michael_s
09-24-2003, 10:54 AM
Check the error log in apache to see what the problem is. There may be an error message that puts you on the right track ... in the apache dir.