PDA

View Full Version : Non Standard Install of MS2-Max

maxwelltl
09-24-2003, 06:15 AM
My ISP supports OScommerce but is whoafully behind on upgrades. I would like to install MS2-Max on my server but am not quite sure how to go about it. Since MS2-Max is a non-invasive install, I am thinking I can just FTP all of the files into my current catalog etc directories and create and install the database.

What I am not confident about is the environment variables that get set during installation. But I am thinking if I can review the configuration files that are created by my ISP's install of the old version of OSC, I should be able to edit the configuration files of the MS2-MAX files I upload.

Questions:

1) Am I correct in assuming I cannot run a normal install on my ISP's server?

2) If so, will the file upload process I spoke of earlier work?

3) If so, can someone tell me which files would have to be edited?

Anonymous
09-24-2003, 06:24 AM
First of all - ftp download the verison off your webserver. You will need the two includes\configure.php files (one in catalog and one in admin)

Manual change in the new version of OSC - the above files to reflect your server and database settings (or perform a install after uploading your new OSC....)

Upload your new OSC version to where you like.

Good Luck.

Anonymous
09-24-2003, 06:47 AM
(or perform a install after uploading your new OSC....)

I would like to do this. Can I? I don't think I can access the directories on my ISP's server where the install file would be? Yes/No?

Anonymous
09-24-2003, 04:51 PM
I've got it working now. Thanks!