PDA

View Full Version : can't find meta_tags.php

gellnsh
09-23-2003, 09:09 AM
Hi everyone,

I was reading a post in the forum and found just what I was looking for. However, when I went to find meta_tags.php its not anywhere to be found. Am I missing something here? I think I have the latest version as I got it off of the oscommerc site. My version is oscommerce-2.2ms2

Can anyone help??

thanks

michael_s
09-23-2003, 10:16 AM
Not the forum you are in : MS2-MAX Discussion

meta_tags.php is in MS2-MAX, not MS2...

gellnsh
09-23-2003, 10:28 AM
Thanks for that!!

Is there a download to upgrade from my version to MS2-MAX? I don't see one in the download area. Or do I have to start over if I want this software??

Is this MS2-MAX a better version of oscommerce?

thanks

michael_s
09-23-2003, 10:43 AM
MS2-MAX includes many desirable features for a store that MS2 does not. See the home page of this website and read the articles that talk about MS2-MAX.

There are discussions about upgrades, etc. If you have a stock, un modded MS2, upgrade is easy. If you have a modded MS2, not so easy. Search this forum, there are discussions about how to do it...

mike_steinhoff
09-23-2003, 12:05 PM
msasek,

While the meta_tags.php is ok, I do not find it to be enduser friendly. I am considering installing Linda Mcgrath's Header Tags Controller into Max. The contribution can be found here http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,207 Do you think there will be any problems ?

michael_s
09-23-2003, 12:15 PM
I dont know. The meta_tags is tied into the BTS system. It should be pretty easy to change the call from meta_tags.php to the header tags file instead...

mike_steinhoff
09-23-2003, 06:10 PM
That was my concern that the meta_tags.php was tied to the BTS system. I will set up a test store and attempt the install of the header Tags Controller. I will keep you posted :)

Anonymous
09-29-2003, 07:06 PM
Hi Mike,

Did you have any problems with installing Lindas header tags and whats your opinion on it. Is it a better way to go?

I'd be interested in what you think?

thanks