PDA

View Full Version : One Page Will Not Load

annea03
09-22-2003, 06:04 PM
Hello -
I'm receiving an error and can't seem to find the problem.

The Error Message:

Error!

Unable to determine the page link

I receive the error only when the Product Listing page loads. The left column, the category title and the category picture show. Everything else is blank. I've tried copying the product listing php & template files and several others from my archive with no luck. Any other suggestions???

THANKS

annea03
09-23-2003, 04:33 AM
I found a fix, but I don't really know the cause. I changed 'Enable Search Engine Safe URL's' back from True to False. Everything seems to work fine now.

Anne

michael_s
09-23-2003, 07:43 AM
annea03, Dont use SE safe url's ... They dont work correctly. Lots of problems. The cause is that you enabled SE safe URL's.

Also, pay attention to your changes in the admin. I have said many times: Make one change at a time and test it before making any other changes. Testing it means logging in a user, logging out, and running a full test order through your store. If all works without error, move on.

Yes it is tedious, but if you have a new problem crop up, you will know EXACTLY what the problem is.

Experience tells me that new errrors are caused 99% of the time by something that has been edited in a file or changed in the admin. Wouldn't it be nice to know exactly what caused the problem rather than :

I'm receiving an error and can't seem to find the problem.

:)

annea03
09-23-2003, 09:21 AM
Good Advice Msasek -

I have found more than once that I didn't test enough when making changes. What looked good at first caused a problem down the road & was hard to trace through. That's good advice for more than testing. I have found that sometimes I can't remember exactly which file I changed to to something. I think I need a log.

The good news is that I think I'm almost set with my changes..... But then I wonder if that ever really happens. I thought I was good to go until you gave me all kinds of new toys in version 1.5...

Anne

michael_s
09-23-2003, 10:19 AM
Just wait till 1.8 comes out :!: