PDA

View Full Version : donation product (for non-profit)

avibodha
09-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Hi, I'm helping a non-profit and we have v1.7 of oscmax and we need to allow customers to send us donations where they can specify the amount. In the past we had products for different levels of donations, but now we are incorporating donations into a registration form.

The form will add products to the cart when submitted and we would like for people to be able to add any amount of donation at the same time.

Does anyone know of an add-in that does this, or can someone point me to a solution?

thanks much

neil
10-21-2007, 08:18 PM
There is a donation mod over at oscommerce which I tried & didn't use.
It allows user to modify the amount ok; however if user a modifys it to $10, gets part way through the transaction & user b modifys it to $500; user a pays $500 unless they spot the change.
I simply set the value at $0 & then created attributes - Increase Amount:
$10 $20 $30 $50 $100 $200 $1000 etc.
Is Osc you can install the downloads mod which skips shipping or simply change the text on the shipping to - Add any special instructions here & set shipping to $0

avibodha
10-22-2007, 01:00 AM
Thanks Neil. I decided to create a $1 product and use the Quantity to set the actual price...saw that mentioned somewhere else...not elegant but not too bad...and the display code can check for a specific product code and display it nicer. Just in case that helps someone else...