PDA

View Full Version : easy populate - error

jloyzaga
09-18-2003, 06:09 PM
just downloaded the file and did a test upload and got this message - Any Ideas?
Warning: move_uploaded_file(/hsphere/local/home/arkmusic/arkmusic.com.au/arkms2/catalog//temp/EP2003Sep18-2210.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/hsphere/local/home/arkmusic/arkmusic.com.au/arkms2/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/var/tmp/phpXqHJkR' to '/hsphere/local/home/arkmusic/arkmusic.com.au/arkms2/catalog//temp/EP2003Sep18-2210.txt' in /home/hsphere/local/home/arkmusic/arkmusic.com.au/arkms2/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.
Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpXqHJkR
User filename: EP2003Sep18-2210.txt
Size: 100219

Warning: file(/hsphere/local/home/arkmusic/arkmusic.com.au/arkms2/catalog//temp/EP2003Sep18-2210.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hsphere/local/home/arkmusic/arkmusic.com.au/arkms2/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 720

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/hsphere/local/home/arkmusic/arkmusic.com.au/arkms2/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 738

Anonymous
09-18-2003, 08:45 PM
you have one two many slashes before //temp, you will have to edit your admin/easypopulate.php file. if your fail to solve it with editing this file just check your admin/includes/configure.php file has the correct values.

jloyzaga
09-18-2003, 09:56 PM
you have one two many slashes before //temp, you will have to edit your admin/easypopulate.php file. if your fail to solve it with editing this file just check your admin/includes/configure.php file has the correct values.// **** Temp directory ****
// if you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need to change this accordingly.
//
$tempdir = "/temp/";
$tempdir2 = "temp/";

Is this where you think the //temp is wrong?

The config looks ok.

jloyzaga
09-18-2003, 10:20 PM
Removed the "/" before temp for $tempdir, now I get

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/hsphere/local/home/arkmusic/arkmusic.com.au/arkms2/catalog/temp/EP2003Sep18-2109.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/hsphere/local/home/arkmusic/arkmusic.com.au/arkms2/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/var/tmp/phpMC1FFr' to '/hsphere/local/home/arkmusic/arkmusic.com.au/arkms2/catalog/temp/EP2003Sep18-2109.txt' in /home/hsphere/local/home/arkmusic/arkmusic.com.au/arkms2/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.
Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpMC1FFr
User filename: EP2003Sep18-2109.txt
Size: 69286

Warning: file(/hsphere/local/home/arkmusic/arkmusic.com.au/arkms2/catalog/temp/EP2003Sep18-2109.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hsphere/local/home/arkmusic/arkmusic.com.au/arkms2/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 720

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/hsphere/local/home/arkmusic/arkmusic.com.au/arkms2/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 738

Anonymous
09-19-2003, 06:51 AM
I have stock MS2 no image mods. I installed EP commented out the extra images in ep.php Now I get this error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'UPDATE products SET products_price="5" ,products_im

UPDATE products SET products_price="5" ,products_image="" ,products_weight="0" ,products_tax_class_id="" ,products_date_available= "9/19/2003 9:45" ,products_date_added= "0000-00-00 00:00:00" ,products_last_modified=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ,products_quantity="0" ,manufacturers_id=NULL , products_status=0 WHERE (products_id = "54")UPDATE products SET products_price="5" ,products_image="" ,products_weight="0" ,products_tax_class_id="" ,products_date_available= "9/19/2003 9:45" ,products_date_added= "0000-00-00 00:00:00" ,products_last_modified=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ,products_quantity="0" ,manufacturers_id=NULL , products_status=0 WHERE (products_id = "54")

here is that section of code...any help would be very appreciated as I have been working on this for about 6 hours

$query = 'UPDATE products
SET
products_price="'.$v_products_price.
'" ,products_image="'.$v_products_image;

// unmcomment these lines if you are running the image mods

$query .= //. $v_products_mimage . '", "'
//. $v_products_bimage . '", "'
//. $v_products_subimage1 . '", "'
//. $v_products_bsubimage1 . '", "'
//. $v_products_subimage2 . '", "'
//. $v_products_bsubimage2 . '", "'
//. $v_products_subimage3 . '", "'
//. $v_products_bsubimage3 . '", "'

$query .= '" ,products_weight="'.$v_products_weight.
'" ,products_tax_class_id="'.$v_tax_class_id.
'" ,products_date_available= ' . $v_date_avail .
' ,products_date_added= ' . $v_date_added .
' ,products_last_modified=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
,products_quantity="'.$v_products_quantity.
'" ,manufacturers_id='.$v_manufacturer_id.
' , products_status='.$v_db_status . '
WHERE
(products_id = "'. $v_products_id . '")';

$result = tep_db_query($query);
}

Anonymous
09-19-2003, 12:53 PM
I solved the problem...

michael_s
09-19-2003, 02:00 PM
Guest, It would be nice if you shared your solution... don't be selfish now... ;)

jloyzaga
09-19-2003, 04:43 PM
Could anyone explain my problem (excluding the obvious iq issue and the social habits etc).
What I did was downloaded the "complete" EP from a stock ms2 install and then tried to upload it again.
Is it something stupid like "you've already got these in there you fool" issue? I cannot see that in the errors, looks like real issues.

Could someone decipher what those messages mean?

Joe

Anonymous
09-20-2003, 04:59 AM
I wish I could tell you....I have several different sites using different versions, I just kept switching until it worked. I have no idea what I did, all I know is it worked....

michael_s
09-20-2003, 10:24 AM
Notes dammit! Keep Notes! ;)

Oh well, I am glad you randomly fixed it!

michael_s
09-20-2003, 10:25 AM
jloyzaga, I am not sure why you get the error you get. I will see if I can figure something out, but I have not run across this problem on my stores...

Is your temp dir chmod 777? Also check with your host to see if the permissions are in fact 777. Some servers do not allow this permission level...

jloyzaga
09-20-2003, 02:02 PM
looked at it thru ftp voyager and it says 777

michael_s
09-20-2003, 02:45 PM
jloyzaga, the key issue here is the Permission denied message you are getting.

Most likely, file uploads are disabled in PHP. Check your php.ini if you have root access to the server. If not, ask your host if file uploads are enabled in PHP...

jloyzaga
09-21-2003, 12:10 AM
If file uploads are denied how can I be able to add an image to a product if the product is on my local drive?

jloyzaga
09-21-2003, 12:12 AM
If file uploads are denied how can I be able to add an image to a product if the product is on my local drive?Should I try uploading it again?

jloyzaga
09-21-2003, 04:08 AM
I'm thinking of giving up with it - is there a way to dump the category and products table from ms1 and upload it to ms2max?

Can someone advise me what to do?

BTW the name is Joe

michael_s
09-21-2003, 08:49 AM
jloyzaga, good point :) I am just guessing, since I cannot seem to get this error no matter what I try. It has to be a path/permissions thing, that is the only thing I can think of...

jloyzaga
09-21-2003, 12:36 PM
perhaps re-installing the thing? or maybe moving the tables across.

The object of the exercise is not to get easy populate working but to port the catagories and products across - which means I don't necessarily need to upload via easy populate in the future if I can port my products across - can you advise?

michael_s
09-21-2003, 01:04 PM
How about making a copy of your database, then running the update scripts that come with MS2 on the copied database. (I am pretty sure they are also in the MS2-MAX package) The scripts should update MS1 to the MS2 structure, then, run the MS2-MAX update sql found in the forums to add the needed tables and data for MS2-MAX, and finally run the MS2-MAX 1.5 update sql file found in the MS2-MAX v1.5 update package to add the v1.5 database tables and fields.

Now, tell your ms2-max v1.5 configure.php to connect to the newly updated database and see if it flies. It should work fine. I have updated really old CVS versions of pre MS1 osCommerce databases using this method and it works fine. Of course, do not do this on your original database, MAKE A COPY and use the copy for all fun-n-games :)

jloyzaga
09-21-2003, 01:13 PM
What if I restore the b/u of the ms1 over the top of the ms2-max install I have and then do what you suggest on the ms2-max version - that way I dont run the risk of breaking the old one - I will back up the ms2-max db first. That way if it breaks in any way - I just re-install!

jloyzaga
09-21-2003, 01:34 PM
Actually, that won't work - Linda McGrath said I have something wrong with how the product attributs are working and its got to do with the db.

Cant I just take a dump of all the tables that are associated with products and categories and then change the mysql code to include my info? And then restore over the top?

I have just been asked to install Purchase without account as well so the push is really on! Any advice is appreciated - or else I'll just blunder along
Joe

SWILLIAMS
02-08-2004, 12:18 PM
Just tried the Easy Populate feature for the first time. It was ok downloading and importing into excel. Easy to edit and save. But had a problem uploading. I found this old post.

I also had the same errors as jloyzaga at the start ot the post when up tried to upload the new file.

I removed the extra slash from temp as suggested by Mike and then changed the temp directory from 755 to 777. Problem solved.

Mike. How about having a sticky for confirmed bugs and fixes for MAX.

veruus
03-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Just tried the Easy Populate feature for the first time. It was ok downloading and importing into excel. Easy to edit and save. But had a problem uploading. I found this old post.

I also had the same errors as jloyzaga at the start ot the post when up tried to upload the new file.

I removed the extra slash from temp as suggested by Mike and then changed the temp directory from 755 to 777. Problem solved.

Mike. How about having a sticky for confirmed bugs and fixes for MAX.

I came across this too. Unfortunately, I have made all these changes and still can't import the products. I don't get the php errors. I can upload the file just fine and I can see the uploaded file in the temp directory. It just doesn't update with the new products. Ideas?