PDA

View Full Version : Has it really been four years!

mikecook
09-08-2007, 02:55 PM
So, here I am again.

Yep, looking through my archives it looks likes I first took an interest on oscommerce some four years ago. You'd think by now I'd be a bit of an expert! Alas, I am a noob through and through.

Even after all these years I've never actually put osC into action!

Well this is finally about to change. I have a project that will need an e-commerce solution and as I've always known, osC can do the job.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better.

...go gentle with me ;-)

Mike

MindTwist
09-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Welcome back then, I had also tested OSC a few times over the last few years, but never got to implement it until a couple months ago.

After checking out the alternatives I had, I gave OSCMAX a try and I am sticking with it. There were quite a few contributions I needed on my installation and OSCMAX saved me quite a bit of time compared to the current plain OSC.

After customizing it a little bit, I am now going on vacation and I hope to open my e-shop when I come back :D

mikecook
09-09-2007, 10:21 AM
>> Welcome back

Thanks. Things haven't half changed since I've been gone :)

Although I'm going to install both before I make a final decision, I figured I probably would end up using OsCMax.

MindTwist
09-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Try and compare. I did too, and OSCMAX already came preinstalled with some of the modules I wanted and would have installed myself anyway (and many more), and that saved me a lot of time:

Separate Pricing Per Customer
Edit Orders
Purchase Without Account
Basic Template Structure
Gift Voucher/Coupons
Printable Catalog
Batch Print Center
Sales/Tax Reporting
Ultimate SEO URLs

The time I saved integrating everything made me go OSCMAX. If I was to do it today I would probably start with the current development version of OSCMAX instead of 2.0 RC3 from Jan/2007, which is with what I started. I would also have liked trying OSC 3 Alpha, but I needed something finished and stable, and however I end up leaving my shop, it will probably stay that way for a couple of years, so I couldn't wait any more.