PDA

View Full Version : Register Globals

michael_s
08-29-2007, 05:10 PM
FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

More... (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2097)

allwebnow
09-07-2007, 05:00 AM
What's this post about? Is there more to this, ie. the register_globals contribution stopped working or something?

chrisbarbers
09-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi I'm confused, I had my ISP Move my db to another server due to some issues with performance, it was moved yesterday and everything has been fine since until this evening, when this error appeared trying to access the admin, the store seems fine as everything is still working with no errors.

I started following the instructions in the fixed version added on the 7th September but there are so many changes to make and I got to the checkout_payment.php and the instructions didn't match what was in the file.

What is causing this problem, are all of these changes the only fix?

What exactly is the problem? why did it just suddenly happen?

chrisbarbers
09-08-2007, 01:49 PM
OK, well as it was my admin section that wasn't working I decided to apply all the fixes for that, which didn't work, I got several errors as a result, do I have to apply the fixes for the catalogue too for the admin to work, I didn't think so and I don't want to mess with what is working as my site is live.

Any advice?

chrisbarbers
09-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Hi guys, sorry for the 3 posts, thanks to another older thread I found the solution, my ISP had added a php.ini file to the server in the catalogue folder, hence why that worked, but didn't add one to the admin folder, so I just copied the file over and it was all good.

Damn this stuff can be frustrating :-)