PDA

View Full Version : Product Attributes

tp118
08-12-2007, 06:30 AM
I'm currently using CubeCart and I'm sick of having to pay for mods that are included in most shopping carts. The only reason I went with them in the first place was because of the ability to use stock levels of product attributes (with a paid mod, of course).

I'm thinking of giving OscMax a try if it can do what I need. I sell custom t-shirts in sizes up to 5XL. Not all colors are available in all sizes. With CubeCart, I am able to assign stock levels for each size/color combination. If a size/color combination has 0 inventory, the cart shows an error message that the chosen size/color combination is not available and it cannot be added to the cart. It looks like QTPro will let me set this up. I have thousands of products, so I also need to be able to clone a product along with its attributes and the stock levels for the attributes.

Is this possible with OscMax? I have searched the forums and have not been able to find the answer. If someone could let me know, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

michael_s
08-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Yes. this feature (QT Pro) is available in the default osCMax installation. Try the demo to see if it will do what you want exactly.

tp118
08-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Where is the demo? All I could find was the download, but I don't want to waste the time configuring yet another cart (I've tried 5 so far) only to find out that it can't do what I need.

I did some more searching and found the Attributes Copier contribution which I assume will copy the attributes when I copy my products, but unless it also copies the stock levels for the attributes, it won't do what I need. The way I did it in Cube Cart was to set up products for a sweatshirt, t-shirt, long-sleeved t-shirt and hooded sweatshirt with the stock levels for each size/color combination. I made each of my designs sub-categories and then copied each product along with the attributes and stock levels into each subcat. In some of the other carts I tried, I could copy the attributes along with the products, but not the stock levels. Will I be able to do this with OscMax?

Thanks.

michael_s
08-13-2007, 12:29 PM
http://www.oscmax.com/forums/oscmax-v2-announcements/8091-full-usable-demo-line.html