PDA

View Full Version : How do you take out welcome to aa box .com

Anonymous
09-16-2003, 12:16 AM
Both on the mainpage and up top in the microsoft internet explorer bar

michael_s
09-16-2003, 12:39 AM
:twisted: You can never take it out :twisted:

LOL... Seriously, it is an easy matter of editing /catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

Anonymous
09-30-2003, 11:39 AM
Well, this is pretty weird. I have swapped 'Welcome to AABox.com's MS2-MAX' for 'Site Under Construction' and when I visit the site, I get:
Parse error: parse error in /home/y3llow/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 13

But I haven't changed line 13! The file is exactly as it was except for that piece of text. Check it:

<?php
/*
$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:38:00 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup of the osCommerce project, products shown are for demonstrational purposes, <b>any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed</b>. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional.<br><br><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/1.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Error Messages</b><br><br>If there are any error or warning messages shown above, please correct them first before proceeding.<br><br>Error messages are displayed at the very top of the page with a complete <span class="messageStackError">background</span> color.<br><br>Several checks are performed to ensure a healthy setup of your online store - these checks can be disabled by editing the appropriate parameters at the bottom of the includes/application_top.php file.</td></tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/2.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Editing Page Texts</b><br><br>The text shown here can be modified in the following file, on each language basis:<br><br><nobr class="messageStackSuccess">[path to catalog]/includes/languages/' . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT . '</nobr><br><br>That file can be edited manually, or via the Administration Tool with the <nobr class="messageStackSuccess">Languages->' . ucfirst($language) . '->Define</nobr> or <nobr class="messageStackSuccess">Tools->File Manager</nobr> modules.<br><br>The text is set in the following manner:<br><br><nobr>define('TEXT_MAIN', '<span class="messageStackSuccess">This is a default setup of the osCommerce project...</span>');</nobr><br><br>The text highlighted in green may be modified - it is important to keep the define() of the TEXT_MAIN keyword. To remove the text for TEXT_MAIN completely, the following example is used where only two single quote characters exist:<br><br><nobr>define('TEXT_MAIN', '');</nobr><br><br>More information concerning the PHP define() function can be read <a href="http://www.php.net/define" target="_blank"><u>here</u></a>.</td></tr><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/3.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Securing The Administration Tool</b><br><br>It is important to secure the Administration Tool as there is currently no security implementation available.</td></tr><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/4.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Online Documentation</b><br><br>Online documentation can be read at the <a href="http://wiki.oscommerce.com" target="_blank"><u>osCommerce Wiki Documentation Effort</u></a> site.<br><br>Community support is available at the <a href="http://forums.oscommerce.com" target="_blank"><u>osCommerce Community Support Forums</u></a> site.</td></tr></table><br>If you wish to download the solution powering this shop, or if you wish to contribute to the osCommerce project, please visit the <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com" target="_blank"><u>support site of osCommerce</u></a>. This shop is running on osCommerce version <font color="#f0000"><b>' . PROJECT_VERSION . '</b></font>.');
define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');
define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products');
define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected');
define('TABLE_HEADING_DEFAULT_SPECIALS', 'Specials For %s');

if ( ($category_depth == 'products') || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) ) {
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Let's See What We Have Here');
define('TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE', '');
define('TABLE_HEADING_MODEL', 'Model');
define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Product Name');
define('TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER', 'Manufacturer');
define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Quantity');
define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE', 'Price');
define('TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT', 'Weight');
define('TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW', 'Buy Now');
define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS', 'There are no products to list in this category.');
define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS2', 'There is no product available from this manufacturer.');
define('TEXT_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS', 'Number of Products: ');
define('TEXT_SHOW', '<b>Show:</b>');
define('TEXT_BUY', 'Buy 1 '');
define('TEXT_NOW', '' now');
define('TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES', 'All Categories');
define('TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS', 'All Manufacturers');
} elseif ($category_depth == 'top') {
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Site Under Construction');
} elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') {
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Categories');
}
?>

Please, what is happening here?

annea03
09-30-2003, 03:51 PM
Did you get it figured out? Which portion did you edit? I loaded the file into my editor and line 13 goes all the way down to this line:

single quote characters exist:<br><br><nobr>define('TEXT_MAIN', '');</nobr><br><br>More

Benedetti
10-01-2003, 02:24 AM
Thanks for your interest, annea03.

I have compared the original file and the file that I have changed and the only difference is really that now says 'Site Under Construction' where before said 'Welcome to AABox.com's MS2-MAX'. But if now I go back and put 'Welcome to AABox.com's MS2-MAX' to where it was, I still get the same error message. It puzzles me. :(

DMG
10-01-2003, 05:00 AM
This means you probably have a missing single quote or too many. Try changing this code.

ollowing example is used where only two single quote characters exist:<br><br><nobr>define('TEXT_MAIN', '');</nobr><br><br>More information concerning the PHP define() function can be read <a href="http://www.php.net/define" tar

The define('TEXT_MAIN', '') should be define(\'TEXT_MAIN\', \'\')

As always I will say "I am on expert at osC so make a backup copy!.

Mark

Benedetti
10-01-2003, 05:32 AM
Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, it didn't make any difference.

michael_s
10-01-2003, 10:39 AM
How about restoring the original, and trying again.

You messed something up. It is a simple change that should not cause any errors.

Benedetti
10-01-2003, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I know, it sounds crazy, isn't it? I've restored the original file many times and then everything works fine. But when I change a simple word of text, boom!

I know it is difficult to believe it because I can't believe it myself and I am witnessing it! I suppose the only way out here is reinstall.

michael_s
10-01-2003, 11:58 AM
I have edited that file hundreds of times and never have had an error.

If you would be willing to create an FTP account for me, I would be happy to check it out personally. If you are ok with that, PM me the FTP info, and I will take a look today.

Benedetti
10-02-2003, 09:16 AM
Well, in case anyone wants to know what happened... It turns out that I was using the File Manager inside OsC for editing my files, when what I should have done, as surely most of you already know, is to use an editing tool and upload the files via ftp. :oops:

jpf
10-04-2003, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I know, it sounds crazy, isn't it? I've restored the original file many times and then everything works fine. But when I change a simple word of text, boom!

What Editor are you using? NOTEPAD? Write? EDIT.COM?- No good! These tend to "format" the file or does not understand Unix style text file (files that don't use Formfeed&Return to delinate a new line). They also may ADD a line or a space at the end of the line - something you CAN"T do with PHP files.

Get the "freeware" NoteTab program or UltraEdit (my fav)!

Benedetti
10-05-2003, 01:13 AM
I know! (like Monica Bing says).

I am now using UltraEdit-32.

Anonymous
11-17-2003, 07:21 PM
:twisted: You can never take it out :twisted:

LOL... Seriously, it is an easy matter of editing /catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

I have looked through index.php many times and see no reference of "Welcome to AAbox". Of course I profess to be a noob in php.

Simply pointing us to the file is great help, but I appreciate if you can point out exactly which line of that file I need to edit and such.

I assume it was Line 13 which holds the most "logical location", but it contains the default wording which does not appear at all in Max installation.

I appreciate any help I can get.

michael_s
11-17-2003, 08:51 PM
Guest, Look at line 38 of the file I specify. It cannot get any more in your face than this:

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Welcome to AABox.com\'s MS2-MAX');

There it is, plain as day, Welcome to AABox.com\'s MS2-MAX

Would you like that on a silver platter? You're welcome :!:

Anonymous
11-17-2003, 09:02 PM
Hello ,
The index.php you are looking for is in the english folder in the languages folder.
catalog\includes\languages\english\index.php around line 38
K

kamel
11-17-2003, 09:11 PM
Hello,
The index.php you are looking for is in the english folder in the languages folder.
catalog\includes\languages\english\index.php around line 38
K

andrewcb
11-24-2003, 11:39 AM
Thanks for your interest, annea03.

I have compared the original file and the file that I have changed and the only difference is really that now says 'Site Under Construction' where before said 'Welcome to AABox.com's MS2-MAX'. But if now I go back and put 'Welcome to AABox.com's MS2-MAX' to where it was, I still get the same error message. It puzzles me. :(

there is a very simple fix for what you have done and are trying to do, if you use any special characters like ' or " in the text you must proceed it with \ .

so for example:
'Welcome to AABox.com's MS2-MAX'
becomes
'Welcome to AABox.com\'s MS2-MAX'

I hope that helps
Andy