PDA

View Full Version : Easy Populate

tac_cio
08-06-2007, 04:21 AM
Does anybody know where I can find a tutorial for Easy Populate? I need to be able to add multiple products to my store database. If there is any freeware that will accomplish the same thing, please let me know.

Mark Burkhardt, MCP
CIO, Trans-Atlantic Creations

met00
08-06-2007, 09:33 AM
the easiest way to learn easypop is to download the file and see what it gives you. Then you can see what you have to give easypop to load the database for you.

That said and done... easypop is not the cleanest software in the world to work wit, and if you have made any changes in the database by adding new features you will have to add those to easypop so easypop can work for you in the best way possible.

For instance, in our products table we have added two flags. One for Oversize and one for Special Orders. We have modified the user side to display a special message in the product detail when these flags are set. In order to make it possible for a store with 25,000+ products to operate we have had to modify easypop to (1) get those fields in the downloads and (2) write those fields in the uploads.

Also, one last thing you should be aware of. Easypop is not real good at understanding linked products to categories. In the download it will make each link a separate product and in the upload it will overwrite the products. Until the logic is there to handle linked products, it's a real pain in the butt.

michael_s
08-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Easypopulate documentation: download the package. The docs are in it:
osCommerce: Easy Populate & Products Attributes (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500)

tac_cio
08-06-2007, 11:35 AM
I am not an osCommerce expert nor a PhP programmer. I have done what the instructions had told me to do and the link didn't show up in my admin and I had code instead of my box. I have other users raving over Easy Populate. Is there anything easier or Standalone that I could use. Preferably Freeware

tac_cio
08-07-2007, 07:23 AM
I have the Admin configured properly by following the Manual; however, I get
Easy Populate 2.76e-MS2 - Default Language : english(1)
Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/transatl/public_html/catalog/temp/Gaming.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/transatl/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 44

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/var/tmp/phpMMrkxK' to '/home/transatl/public_html/catalog/temp/Gaming.txt' in /home/transatl/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 44

File uploaded.
Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpMMrkxK
User filename: Gaming.txt
Size: 44840

Warning: file(/home/transatl/public_html/catalog/temp/Gaming.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/transatl/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 961

Warning: fopen(/home/transatl/public_html/catalog/temp/Gaming.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/transatl/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 987
##Can not open CSV file for reading. Script will terminate.
When uploading my gaming.txt file. I have a temp directory created: openDiv('1') / home (http://df09.dot5hosting.com:8080/panel/host/filemanager?d=) / public_html (http://df09.dot5hosting.com:8080/panel/host/filemanager?d=/public_html) / catalog (http://df09.dot5hosting.com:8080/panel/host/filemanager?d=/public_html/catalog) / Temp (http://df09.dot5hosting.com:8080/panel/host/filemanager?d=/public_html/catalog/Temp) -> Index of /catalog/Temp (http://transatlanticcreations.com/catalog/Temp)

What else do I have to do to be able to upload these products?

michael_s
08-07-2007, 07:59 AM
change the permissions on this dir:
/home/transatl/public_html/catalog/temp/

Change the permissions to 777

tac_cio
08-07-2007, 08:30 AM
I figured out the problem. I had a T instead of a t for the temp directory

tac_cio
08-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Not sure what this means:
ile uploaded.
Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpMMrkxK
User filename: Gaming.txt
Size: 44840
No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | SONY PlayS | PRODUCT FE | Toshiba 40 | 369.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | PSP (PlayS | Discover a | PS2.gif | 159.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Sony Plays | The intern | PSP.jpg | 219.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | GameBoy Mi | The Game B | PS2 Slim.j | 159.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Nintendo G | The develo | Gameboy Mi | 79.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Nintendo D | Descriptio | Gamecube.j | 119.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | GAME BOY A | Now with a | Nintendo D | 149.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Nintendo 6 | Nintendo 6 | Gameboy.JP | 95.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | 6-in-1 Seg | Play 6 aut | Nintendo 6 | 49.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Sega Dream | With stunn | Sega Genes | 49.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Xbox Enter | The Xbox E | Sega Dream | 89.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | XBOX 360 C | The Xbox 3 | Xbox.jpg | 259.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | XBOX 360 P | We all kno | xbox 360 c | 349.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Logitech 9 | Logitech M | xbox plati | 439.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | CH Product | Model Bran | Nascar Whe | 42.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | XBOX CLASS | The XBOX c | Yoke.jpg | 129.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | LOGITECH U | Just try a | xboxclassi | 359.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Logitech A | Maximum co | Wingman.jp | 16.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Logitech R | GAMEPAD WI | Attack 3.j | 16.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Logitech 9 | Specificat | Rumblepad. | 29.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | CH Product | Specificat | Cordless R | 35.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | CH Product | pecificati | fightersti | 119.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | CH Product | Specificat | CHPedals.j | 119.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Logitech M | Features T | ProThrottl | 125.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | PlayStatio | While inhe | Momo Wheel | 99.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Micro Term | Model# MM1 | Sony Netwo | 289.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Logitech 9 | Model Bran | micro joys | 4.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Saitek CYB | Specificat | Extreme 3D | 33.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Logitech F | Features E | cyborgevo. | 37.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Arsenal PS | Killer Gun | freedom Co | 45.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Killer Gun | There's a | ps2lightgu | 19.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Gravis Des | 8-way-D-pa | killergunx | 19.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | LOGITECH 9 | Product Sp | destroyer. | 4.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Logitech D | The Logite | Precision. | 11.0000

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | 97 | Logitech C | Product Sp | Dual Actio | 19.0000
Am I supposed to have this field? Do I have to add the field to my Database? I use MySQL Database and PhPMyAdmin

michael_s
08-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Read the docs for the mod. All entries in the ep upload file must have a model number. This and other important information is in the documentation.

met00
08-07-2007, 03:21 PM
1) put an item in the store
2) run EP download
3) study the file!

Not everything is required, but some few things are. The product model is one of them.

The best way to get used to EP is to run it up and down a few times, learn it's abilities and limitations. Do it with 5-7 records (5-7 items in the store) so you can see just how it will work for you.

tac_cio
08-09-2007, 08:50 AM
I just tried to upload these Items and received this message:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/transatl/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 2308
| Scan-PPSWO | PenPower S | Model Bran | | | 124 | 5 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | PenPower | Scanners | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Updated

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/transatl/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 2308
| Scan-PPWO | Penpower W | Model Bran | | | 99 | 5 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | PenPower | Scanners | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Updated

| Scan-IRIS3 | I.R.I.S US | Quickly an | | | 139 | 5 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Iris | Scanners | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Updated

| Scan-IRIS3 | I.R.I.S US | # Twain sc | | | 129 | 5 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Iris | Scanners | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Updated

| Scan-HPG30 | HP Scanjet | * Mfr Par | | | 109 | 5 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Hewlett Pa | Scanners | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Updated

| Scan-HP559 | HP Scanjet | o Mfr Part | | | 279 | 5 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Hewlett Pa | Scanners | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Updated

| OCR-1000B | Handheld B | The Cipher | | | 75 | 5 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Cipher Lab | Scanners | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Updated

| OCR-1000K | Handheld B | The Cipher | | | 65 | 5 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Cipher Lab | Scanners | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Updated

| OCR-BTL110 | Barcode Sc | Value: dur | | | 105 | 5 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Cipher Lab | Scanners | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Updated

| OCR-BTL110 | Barcode Sc | Value: dur | | | 109 | 5 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Cipher Lab | Scanners | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Updated

| OCR-UniMS1 | Unitech (M | The MS120 | | | 95 | 5 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Unitech | Scanners | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Updated

| OCR-UniMS2 | Unitech CC | The MS210 | | | 85 | 5 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Unitech | Scanners | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Updated

| OCR-QS2100 | Quickscan | The QS2500 | | | 137 | 5 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | QuickScan | Scanners | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Updated

| OCR-IH1300 | Industrial | The 1300 L | | | 185 | 5 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Cipher Lab | Scanners | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Updated

I was able to upload items yesterday. I am using the Sample CSV as a Template. I have attached my Scanners.csv File