PDA

View Full Version : Google Checkout for osCMax

michael_s
08-05-2007, 06:45 PM
A new project_project entry has been added:

Google Checkout for osCMax

<div id="wikicontent" style="padding: 0pt 3em 1.2em 0pt"> The Google Checkout module for osCMax allows merchants using osCMax to offer Google Checkout as an alternate checkout method. The plugin provides Level 2 integration of Google Checkout with osCMax. This module is a direct port of the Google Checkout module for osCommerce

met00
08-05-2007, 07:43 PM
will this work with an RC2?

michael_s
08-05-2007, 08:56 PM
will this work with an RC2?

It has not been tested on RC2, but it should work, as the files that are updated by the GC mod all have the same mods in, and the difference between RC2 and RC3 is mainly bugfixes.

michael_s
08-06-2007, 10:46 PM
A minor bugfix has been added to this mod, and there is a new download package that has been incremented in version to:

osCMax v1.4 beta1.1

The issue was with orders.php in the admin panel throwing an undefined function error. This was due to upcoming changes in RC4 that needed to be backported to RC3 for full compatibility in one package.

If you downloaded beta 1, get the new download. The only two files changed are:

/catalog/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php
/catalog/includes/modules/googlecheckout.php

To manually update html_output.php, see step 8a-i in the INSTALLATION.txt file included in the package.

Change Log:

08/06/2007 - osCMax v1.4 beta1.1 (michael_s)

- Added file /catalog/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php
This was added for full compatibility of the module with both
RC3 and RC4 versions of osCMax and resolves an undefined function
error in orders.php in RC3.

- Updated version number displayed in the admin panel to reflect that
this is an osCMax version of the mod: osCMax 1.4beta1.1

nickt15
08-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Does it include real time Fedex rates ?

michael_s
08-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Yes, it has everything that the standard osCommerce Google checkout1.4 mod has including real time rates.

riever
08-13-2007, 04:09 PM
I have a question when it comes to the final checkout process and i can choose google checkout or create an account. If choose create an account it still proceeds to check me out and says that it only offers one payment option google. But i see no order confirmation or anything relating to google if i complete the transaction that way. What is it that im missing here?.

Thanks

michael_s
08-13-2007, 04:40 PM
That is not correct behavior. You should never see google checkout as an option in the standard oscmax checkout process.

What other payment modules do you have enabled? Provide as much detail as you can, and I will see if I can reproduce the issue.

riever
08-13-2007, 05:01 PM
OK . I have no other paymnet methods except for google installed. But as you come to checkout, you are still offerd the osc grey checkout button above the google checkout button which is really confusing.

michael_s
08-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Here is a thread discussing this:
Os Commerce checkout not disabled if google checkout is only payment method - Google Checkout Mod for OSC Community Support Forum | Google Groups (http://groups.google.com/group/google-checkout-for-osc-mod-support/browse_thread/thread/c4221657cbf19d88/#)

michael_s
08-28-2007, 08:09 PM
An updated package has been released that fixes a few bugs, most notably adding compatibility with individual shipping in osCMax.

To upgrade your module:

1. Disable the googlecheckout module in the osCMax admin panel. Be sure to copy down all the info for easy reference, as it will have to be added again.

2. Upload the new googlecheckout files. If you are updating an existing install, see the changelog for the files you need to upload.

3. Re-install the module in the osCMax admin panel

Changes:

added this to the $mc_shipping_methods array

'indvship' => array(
'domestic_types' =>
array(
'indvship' => 'Individual Shipping'
),

'international_types' =>
array(
'indvship' => 'Individual Shipping intl'
),
),

and
added this to the $mc_shipping_methods_names array

'indvship' => 'Indvship',

and in the includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php file line 52 change

$this->shipping_support = array("flat", "item", "itemint", "table");
with
$this->shipping_support = array("flat", "item", "itemint", "table", "indvship");

heathyre
09-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Hello.

I installed the Google Checkout Module and everything was going swimmingly. I received my first order however the order is visible under customer orders but there is no record of the transaction through Google. I contacted them with the customers email etc and they said there was no record of the order and suggested that "It might be that the buyer did not complete the order process by confirming his order." (I remember there was an issue with PayPal doing this as well).

Any Suggestions?

Is it a setting issue? A Stupid CUstomer Issue? Or did I just botch up the installation? LOL

Thanks, Heathyre

jquach
11-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Anyone know how to get osCMax coupons to work with Google Checkout? Currently, you don't input a coupon until you get to the checkout page, but by then the user is no longer allowed to select Google Checkout as an option.

From what I've read the ideal behavior is that the user selects Google Checkout and then inputs the coupon code at Google, which then can figure out the discount through the Merchant Calculations API. Any idea on how to get this to work?

cujo
12-03-2009, 07:57 AM
When adding a product then chossing checkout when i get to payments Google Checkout is one of my Options i also have sescurepay Credit Card and Check or Money order but when Googlecheckout is selected it confims the order but never goes to Google checkout and never recvie any info from google checkout saying a payment has arrived any help would be great

timc@microlandusa.com
09-29-2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the great contribution. I faced a shipping issue: when I checked out the order, Google checkout did not automatically collect and calculate the freight from the carrier (FedEX), turning out all the shipping rates are 0.

I am using osCMax v1.4beta1.2 and all the default shipping rates were set to 0 (default). In Google checkout account, I set up all the FedEX delivery methods by choose carrier-calculated rate.

Has anyone experienced the same issue like me? Please advise on how to fix this.

Thanks,

Tim Cheng

schlottke
10-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I did and ended up stopping the usage of Google Checkout - switching to Paypal IPN at the moment. Google Checkout would be great but the contribution definitely isn't working properly.