PDA

View Full Version : Admin Login problem

judoka
09-15-2003, 10:59 AM
Hi Micheal,
I just downloaded and install the new max1.5 and already found a problem. Do you remember when you had install the pre-release max on my live site that I was having problems logging into the admin? Well I am now having the same problem logging into the Admin on my local machine. Can you tell me where you went into to fix the problem before? I remember that you said you had to change some coding but you didn't say where at or what coding or how. The problem that I was having than and now is that when I try to log in it does go to the main menu but when I click on any of the options it goes back to the main login page and when I reenter the login inform it just keeps looping back to the main login page and won't let me in.

Thank You for your Help
Jose :D

michael_s
09-15-2003, 12:48 PM
Jose,

All the login bugs have been resolved as of the final release of 1.0. If you are having trouble with 1.5, it is most likely settings on your local machine. What are your local server specs? Is it linux or windows? Apache? Let me know...

judoka
09-15-2003, 12:58 PM
I'm using WinXP Pro

michael_s
09-15-2003, 06:39 PM
Need more info than that. What webserver, version of php, mysql, etc...

judoka
09-16-2003, 03:26 AM
Sorry about that, I'm using Apache server, phpMyAdmin2.2.6 and MySQL 3.23.49 on WinXP Pro. Also at the same time that I had install MS2-MAX1.5, I also had install the following software, Beyond Compare 2, PHP Coder, and Maguma Studio for PHP1.0.7. I don't know if any of these program is what causing the problem, but I thought I let you know just in case they may have.
I also have an additional question that maybe you can help me out with. I am trying to install an additional MOD which requires me to CHMOD some of it's files to 777. Can you tell me how to do this on WinXP Pro? I have gone into the files properties and checked all 3 Attributes boxes for the files, but I keep getting an error message that tell me to "please set the CHMOD to 777". Is this not the correct method for setting the CHMOD for WinXP?
Thank you for your help,

judoka
09-16-2003, 10:33 PM
OK I believe I got the login problem fix. It was ZoneAlarm that was causing the problem. I reset the setting for my local website and than I was able to log in. Thanks for the help :D
I'm still need help with the following,

I am trying to install an additional MOD which requires me to CHMOD some of it's files to 777 and 644. Can you tell me how to do this on WinXP Pro? I have gone into the files properties and checked all 3 Attributes boxes for the files, but I keep getting an error message that tell me to "please set the CHMOD to 777". Is this not the correct method for setting the CHMOD for WinXP?

Thank you for your help,

michael_s
09-16-2003, 10:58 PM
chmod 777 equivalent on XP is to uncheck the 'read only' box for the dir in the properties dialog box.

chmod 644 equivalent on XP is to check the 'read only' box for the dir in the properties dialog box.

Remeber that you must have sufficient system rights to perform this action, and if you are not logged in as an admin on the xp machine, you may run into trouble.

Anonymous
09-17-2003, 10:25 AM
Thank you Michael I'll give it a try and see what happens